I'm copying this from another forum in order of my posting.

262ci Forum (4.3)
Something feels like it is holding my truck back.
Jump to Latest
Follow
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Skylark
Skylark · Registered
Joined May 30, 2018 · 95 Posts
Discussion Starter • #1 • 6 days ago
Here is the truck, 2002 Xtreme 4.3, 5 speed, 3.42 gears, 8.5 with the G80. It currently has 130k, I've had it since 109k. Full synthetic fluids, all filters changed, NGK and AC plugs tried, I went back to the NGK because I prefer them. AC cap, rotor, wires, spider , O2 sensors and coil. The coil was because of a P0300 and I noticed that the coil was aftermarket and crusty. Everything else was replaced just due to my version of basic maintenance on a new to me vehicle. The fuel pressure is perfect all of the way through the top of 3rd gear. I finally got a little rattle in the front cat so I replaced both cats and the muffler. The distributor is at +1 over 1000 rpm. I've cleaned the mass air flow sensor with no changes. I've had 3 sets of tires on this truck, the stock 235/55/16, a set of 245/45/17 and now 275/40/17. It just hasn't ever felt "peppy". It refuses to break the tires loose unless if I dump the clutch over 2000 rpm. On the 245s I was routinely hitting 25 mpg on the flats at 70 mph and 18+ in town. The brakes aren't dragging and I don't drive like a teenager as evident by my mpg. I'm tempted to do a compression check just to see where it is at but with 130k it shouldn't be an issue. I haven't been shotgunning parts at it to fix anything but I'm quite surprised that it hasn't picked up anything.

Any suggestions as to what I could be looking for? No misfire on the scanner. It runs smoothly. It just feels like something is holding it back.