Thread: '94 Corvette Dyno Run Analysis

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

'94 Corvette Dyno Run Analysis

Hey all,

The other day I finally had a chance to get my Corvette dynoed on a dynojet. There were six run attempts, but we lost three due to the ground cable on the dyno falling off the car and dropping signal as a result. I had my laptop plugged in and running EEHack the whole time because I was using it to lock the car in 3rd gear, but when I went to close the program it warned me about saving the log. I totally forgot it logs passively in the background as long as you're connected. So I saved the log. The dyno shop wouldn't let me have the dyno data but they did let me at least take a photo of the dyno screen, so here we go:

The dyno looks pretty noisy which could be the ground or could legitimately look that odd, I'm afraid I'm too new to the LT1 and 4L60E to be able to tell at a glance. My only real concern was the massive dip at the end of the first run, but it never appeared in any other runs, so I treated it as an anomaly.

I did have a crack at inspecting the EEHack log, but again my inexperience in how this engine works made it difficult to interpret since I'm not sure what "normal" looks like for this type of operation. I did notice knock retard going on a lot at WOT, but not usually tied to an actual knock count event. In fact a few knock count events coincide with supposed ECU errors that only appear for a single frame, which makes me think they're serial data glitches rather than actual events. In addition the EEHack log analyzer seems to suggest I'm dangerously lean at WOT, and yet Trimalyzer's analysis suggests reducing several VE cells by 50% which seems to suggest running the engine significantly leaner for those cells?

I understand that the experts here are pretty darn busy, and I'm not looking to be spoon-fed if no one has the time to run their own analysis of my logs and break it down for me. I'm perfectly content with being pointed in the right direction in terms of reading material and spending my own time reading up on how to interpret these logs and know what exactly I'm looking at in terms of operating parameters. That said, any help is appreciated as I'd love to become more familiar with this system and start making worthwhile changes. I do plan on going for an extended drive with EEHack connected later so that I can also have a log of "normal" driving parameters in addition to the dyno runs.

Thank you all!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files