Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
bosch sensors explain the odd readings you have, even new they are garbage and can`t switch fast enough for the superior GM pcms.
Get a delco ones and for the sake of money savings, don`t buy anything bosch related for GM cars.
I wish I'd known this a couple years ago. Bosch is generally OE on my daily driver (a diesel VW) so I thought they were of decent quality. The cost differential wasn't even $20 - more like $12. AFS75s arrived couple days ago.

I still haven`t found the switch point between prime pulse and the crank ve calculations.
I had always assumed it switched to the crank VE table after the first two low res pulses simply because the ecu should have determined sequence by that point. But your understanding of machine language trumps my theory.

I have noticed that you set the crank spark at 12 degrees, stock is 7. Any explanation on that why it is needed.
I haven't modified the cranking spark table. This must be another Y-body specific thing.

Code:
12075 Crank Spark Advance vs Coolant Temp
-40	14
-28	14
-16	14
-04	14
08	13
20	13
32	12
44	11
56	10
58	9
80	8
92	7
104	6
116	5
128	4
140	4
152	4
After more research I'm finding that the location of my O2s (both binary and UEGO) shouldn't be causing an outright skew of AFRs - the source I'm referencing says they should still report stoichiometry accurately. Linearity above and below stoich is where exhaust pressure can affect the output. So I'm hoping they will agree once I get the new binary sensors in and some pure dino gasoline running through it.