Thread: 95 LT-1 Idle Cell Comparison - Humidity?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    Great experimental finds. Even though I still insist that trims are not used until the engine run flag is not set.
    Is the run flag logged directly by eehack? I only see engine runtime, and just assumed the AIR output was enabled in conjunction with the run flag. Unfortunately I didn't log any of my hard starts with the "fat" cylinder trims.

L0026, #%00001000 is the ZERO tps flag.
    I was hoping I could set the 0x126db value to use the closed throttle trims until about 7% tps, but it doesn't appear to work that way. ???

First I fixed the startup fuel flow constant in the patch,
    Are you talking about the 0x12680 multiplier???

About the blms, it could be inbuilt limitation for some splits possibilities, based on headers and exhaust pipe configuration.
    I think I'm going to swap injectors bank to bank because it's possible my BLM split might have appeared after going to the modified injectors. Yesterday I found a couple logs made before I replaced the stock multecs where the left side was 2 points lean of right, but that was almost 3 years ago. I've taken the modded injectors out of the fuel rails several times since first installing them and I never paid any attention to which one was where. If there's one injector that's flowing a lot more than the others at low pulsewidths that would seem rational. If it's more than one it's somewhat unlikely I've put those two (or three) on the left side in two or three different builds, but entirely possible. I was really hoping these cheap modded injectors would suffice, but if they're the cause for my BLM split I'm probably looking at a set of m-9593-lu80 or some LS7 injectors.

Edit: Swapping injectors was a bust - right side still leans out when it gets to temp. Took the intake off. I was shocked to find oil wetting the bottom of the throttle body and in all the intake ports in the heads. The pcv hose wasn't wet on the inside, nor was the right side valve cover breather tube. But the breather inlet in the throttle body (the hole that opens into the top cover) was slightly wet. Anyway, I'm finding nothing to indicate that the idle passages are clogged but I'm going to clean it thoroughly while I have it disassembled.

Looking at the miniscule size of the #1 feed hole I'm seriously debating enlarging it some. Seeing the size difference next to the #3 feed hole from the bottom really emphasized how big a difference there is here. This alone seems like it could account for at least 50% of my split.

Another interesting thing I noticed were traces of the crud getting sucked out of the idle feeds, being deposited on the inboard side of the intake runners. I'll try to post a picture or two tomorrow, but this reinforces the notion that adjacent cylinders are robbing charge from across the plenum.