Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
Take a look at this stock log from vette calibration. The 02s are constantly running from 100-150 to 850-900 mv. Yours are barely moving from 300-650
That's great, thanks for taking the time to post that.

What I'm really curious about now that I've gone open loop until I figure this out is...

Why does the BLM # drop from 128 to 120 at every start?

I assumed this was stored trims being applied, but I've reset my BLMs numerous times and it still happens every time it's started.

I didn't think it was trimming open loop fueling, but when it's running and I clear BLMs and see them jump from 120 to 128 immediately the IAC drops a few counts.

I'm working on measuring the dwell time of my ignition controller tonight. I'm hoping to find a really dumb math error causing far less dwell than intended, which would explain a weak spark scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by vilefly View Post
Wish I could take that trip, spfautsch, but I will be installing a fuel pump in the wagon and getting it ready to pass inspection.
No worries, it was just a ploy to get you to come out and then once you'd driven 3 hours I'd change my mind and want to re-lash the valves and then change the diff oil in my wife's daily driver. You know, work that's dirty and sucky. ;-) I was going to grill porksteaks and make you drink a couple cold adult beverages though.

Valve lash has been re-set and even made a few laps around town. The good news is after spending $1000 on complete kit, then putting my old pressure plate back in my clutch is working better than it has in 2 years. Two different cheap chinese pressure plates exhibited the same problems - chunky engagement.

I feel ya. Knock on wood, most of my daily driver dramas are sorted for the moment.