I've posted a number of times about driveability problems with my vortec head, cam and valvetrain 383 to no avail. Latest one here. I'm coming to the conclusion that these problems are unsolvable given my engine parameters and '7060 PCM - nothing I've changed in the tune seems to affect them at all. And I've ruled out pretty much every sensor, including both speed sensors in the 4L80e, PCM, memcal, etc. The interesting thing is locking out closed loop by setting initiation temp to max, the driveability issues more or less disappear. Most notably, deceleration is smooth and RPM decrease linearly with speed.

In concert with the OL only plan, I'd like to get deeper into the wideband tuning scene. I have an AEM kit installed now and it's working, but there's no way for me to input the data directly into the '7060. To solve that problem, I have a Moates APU1 Autoprom in my cart now (haven't pulled the trigger yet) which theoretically should allow me to combine WB output with the PCM's datastream. I've actually corresponded with their tech support and they agree it should be possible, but they're not aware of anyone having done this with a '7060. But I guess someone has to be the first. I'm definitely a newb with WB stuff and am not sure where to start - I know there's a lot of richness going on in different conditions now so guess that's one place to start.

Looking for input, advice, pros and cons, pitfalls, etc. Or maybe someone will tell me straight up don't do this, it's a dumb idea. (But I did do some checking, mostly on here, and I'm definitely not the first to run a modded TBI in OL only)