Thread: Hi all this may be of use to someone

Fuel Injected!

Cool Hi all this may be of use to someone

HI all, Ive been on a steep learning curve with the pcm tuning and have read vast mounts here nd other groups nd tried endless combinations of tunes and think I'm settled with this so far, its not perfect but runs nice and smooth , although did end up using stock marine 4bar fpr with the marine 24lb injectors and found a thread about calculating injector offset vs bat voltage which made all the difference so popped that into a spreadsheet and have included the bin too, any suggestions or input welcomed as still learning and hope this may be of use to others too.

so my astro is 95 4.3 l35 (was cpi), vortec heads fitted, marine inlet, std marine bosch injectors and fpr, marine throttle body, base timing is set at 0 degrees, 727 pcm $0D mask

Thanks
    Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    I did alot of injector research and I ended up using the injector values from a 02 LS1. There injectors were 25.2 lb/hr at 43.5 psi which is identical to the marine injectors. The only difference I could find between them was the LS1 use an EV1 plug and the marines use an EV6 plug. I plugged in the LS1 values and it purrs like a kitten with fuel trims as close to 0 as you could ask for.
    1995 GMC K2500 SUBURBAN 2001 LB7 DURAMAX/ALLISON swap, mostly stock, tuned by me with EFILive

1999 Tahoe 2 door 2X4, 5.7l with 0411 swap, and marine intake

Fuel Injected!
    I've looked for alternative specs to dial in the injectors but not had much luck untill found that calculation, I don't suppose you have the values still as really don't need to run the 4bar fpr?
    Thanks