Thread: TBI with High Idle in PARK

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

TBI with High Idle in PARK

Hi folks I'm working on a TBI to Vortec (L-31) conversion into an 1983 Chevy K10 and it seems that the tuner I'm working with is having a hard time get the idle down when the truck is in park. I'm hoping someone has some suggestion as I have tried everything and the only way I can get it to idle slower in park is to jumper the A&B pin and force the IAC closed then unplug it and adjust the throttle blades open and she idles nicely at 700 rpms. I have followed the base idle setup procedure but as soon as I plug the IAC back in it opens up and the Idle goes to 850... The tuner tells me the target idle is set at 600rpms in the chip but it just doesn't get there. Now a bit of history on the truck! it started it life as a 6.2 diesel and when I purchased the truck the guy told me he purchased a wrecked 1987 with a TBI and moved all the components over to the 1983... in all fairness it looked as though he did a great job, everything was nicely done..... but even with previous motor and a different tuner the truck idled high in park. With the new GE crate L-31 I replaced about everything except wiring! could it be a wiring issue with P/N switch? Or a tuning issue? The BLM's are running about 117 in Park...... I'll try to attach the Tunerpro log but currently its not working. Thanks Much
    Last edited by JJK10; 07-25-2019 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Trying to attach data log