Thread: Need HP tuners older version

Need HP tuners older version

I'm in need of ver 1.7 if anyone is willing to share it, need to play N save sum bin files.

Much appreciated

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmy View Post
    I'm in need of ver 1.7 if anyone is willing to share it, need to play N save sum bin files.

Much appreciated
    I am fairly certain you can get the older versions on the HPT website. I have found them there in the past.
    I am not a fan of the newest version of either the Editing or Scanning suites as they removed some features with the newest builds. One of the biggest complaints was also the lack of being able to load a .BIN file into the editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    I am fairly certain you can get the older versions on the HPT website. I have found them there in the past.
    I am not a fan of the newest version of either the Editing or Scanning suites as they removed some features with the newest builds. One of the biggest complaints was also the lack of being able to load a .BIN file into the editor.
    Looked over there they`re long gone archived unsupported, i do have 2.24 version it only opens BIN files does not save them. i need ver 1.7 if someone wants to share it

Thx

Fuel Injected!
    Any 1.x HPT software is going to be for the serial cable and it was specific to each customer because the licenses were in the software. Every customer back then had their own unique software depending on the MY licenses they had purchased. Licensing was way different back then. I have every 1.x versions going back to V1.3 but it would only work with my serial cable which I still have too.

Administrator
    Does the early software allow one to load and save files without the serial cable attached?

Fuel Injected!
    Its not a matter of having the serial cable attached. It's if the particular user had bought a MY license for the vehicle the file is from and what version of HPT created the file. You could only open files from vehicles you had licenses for. 1.x only opened and saved files in .bin format. 1.x will not open a .hpt file created with any 2.x or newer version. 2.0 was the start of files saved in .hpt format. It has been a long time since I even used 1.7 which was the latest before 2.0 was released. 2.2 was the last version that would even work with a serial cable if I recall. I had all 98-02 F-body V8s and all 98-04 Vettes licensed with my serial cable. Again those licenses were in my software, not the cable. Every time you bought a MY license with the serial cable HPT would create a new custom software download for you with the new MY added.

If I need a .bin file today I use Tunercat OBD2 and read the PCM in test mode.

Administrator
    Thanks for the explanation. I have a clearer picture of how it works.