Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16147060 $85 Superceeded to $D8

What other modules would be on that line in a 1993 Chev full size truck?
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

ABS is the only thing I can think of? It's on my 90 Suburban (160 Baud pin E) but has it's own pin on ALDL port... beleive me I racked my brain on this that day because you said it works. I don't remember the specifics but had to make a command change for connection, you needed a connection which is what ALDL.ds file says.. I could not get yours to connect, the one above connected first shot each time, even after restarts. If I weren't so tired I'd look at the 2 to see what I had to do, probably loose sleep over it...

ROBERT!!! Can you look up what is on a pin M data line from 1993 Chevy truck with 4l80E trans?

ECM OVERVIEW
    ------------
    This ECM is a slave on a masterless ALDL. In other words, there is
    no traffic on the ALDL, so when the tester is connected to
    the ALDL it must initiate communications with the ECM rather than
    waiting for the F0 poll.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    93 diagrams don't seem be very complete.... and the parts that are there are quite a pain to look at and not much help at all for the data circuits.

i did take a look at the ABS stuff, but it was quite vague. i think it was implying that it was connected to pin H?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Fuel Injected!
    Update:

With SixShooters 85sort.xdf and EagleMarks $85-16147060-V5.adx‎ posted in the 7060 thread, I CANNOT connect to my PCM. It says "DA connecting" and it will never connect. In fact, I cannot connect with the other .adx posted in that thread or when I convert the .ads that's posted in that thread:
    7060 _new.adx‎ (173.5 KB, 15 views) 16147060_4L80E_A138_A177.ads‎ (219.2 KB, 10 views)

I CAN use the 85sort.xdf and the A138.adx (adx downloaded from Tunerpro's website) and I can connect just fine and log just fine.

What's kinda weird (maybe not? I'm a noOB!) is when I log with this A138.adx I then can use $85-16147060-V5.adx‎ and it will playback my datalog just fine using the dashboards. (That .adx has some good dashboards).

Does this make sense?

I really need to find an .adx that will work with the 85sort.xdf. That .xdf is well organized and defined. However, I don't have an .adx with dashboards. Is there a way to import dashboards without creating them?

Remember too, I have a BANC.bin

Sorry, I'm an idiot like I've previously mentioned.

LOL, Ryan
    Last edited by chevmasta; 05-24-2012 at 05:08 AM.

There is no A138.ADX on TunerPro website, there is a A138.ads for TunerPro V4. Do you have TunerPro V4?

If you import it into TunerPro V5 and check it has exact connection command as the one Six Shooter uses, except on the one Six Shooter uses it also has the A177 ALDL for transmission data command as well. But no clear codes command. They will all play back the data properly.

Yes you can take dash boards from one to another but it's easier to change the connection commands.

I can't beleive I had this working, turn truck off, restart truck, hit connect and POOF! Data!

Have I ever mentioned I hate this ECM? I have a complete system in a box here so I have been working on this stuff for future use.

Before you try to connect with some of these ECM/PCM, this one in paticular, the engine has to be running. When you get a bad connection just disconnect and connect again.

Here are 2 more, one ending in test2 is identical to A138.ads connection commands after being imported into TunerPro V5, exactly the same as 16147060_4L80E_A138_A177.adx and 7060_new.adx. test is same but with a pause in case you get a data glitch. These have the dash boards and monitors in them.

All of these will record data from your ECM and work with the 85.sort.xdf or $85-16147060-V2.xdf are the same thing just reorginized. XDF will make changes with your bin file, they will all work together.
    Attached Files Attached Files

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I have tunerpro RT.....I'm pretty confident its the version 5? I'll have to check tomorrow.

Yes, it was the A138.ads that I converted to .adx with tunerproRT.

With the A138 the engine doesn't need to be running to connect for me? I can't get any other of the .adx's to work running or not. I'll try the one's you posted tomorrow and see if I can connect.

Today I was using the 85sort.xdf and the A138.adx to datalog and edit my bin VE tables. It didn't look the coolest (without a cool dashboard), but it was functional.

I'll report back tomorrow with my connection issues. Thank you for your help,

Ryan

Fuel Injected!
    Update:

$85-16147060-V5-test2.adx‎ works for me and connects instantly. Nice dashboards too. I was able to do some logging and VE map changes. I did a quick fuel pressure adjustment to increase about .75psi. A I run about 16-16.5psi now. A few quick idle tweaks for the new fuel pressure on the VE table and my whole table now is pretty much 125-131 BLM's. They have been about 119-140 when I started adjusting it 2 days ago. The VE table is WAY smoother now than with my original bin from the tuner.

I put the camper on my truck to get the higher loads of the VE map and it looks good. I found some area's of spark knock at higher loads and 30-35mph and started smoothing the spark table in that area. I'll have to retest again tomorrow.

I appreciate everyone's help on this. This is my first time tuning, but im not new to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chevmasta View Post
    I appreciate everyone's help on this. This is my first time tuning, but im not new to the game.
    BE CAREFUL!!! If you find knock you need to back away at least 2 degrees, usually 4.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I'm in need of some help.....again.

Using the "difference" tool in Tunerpro I have some addresses that show "item not defined". Is this an issue with an incomplete .xdf?

Here's the addresses that say undefined. I believe the big table is some sort of trans parameters and the 1AAA possible also:

Please help,
    Address:
    100A
    1AAA
    1AAD
    114A
    132E
    132F
    133A
    133B
    133C
    133D
    133E
    134F
    135D
    135E
    135F
    136A
    136B
    136C
    136D
    137E
    137F

Fuel Injected!
    BTW, here's my 1993 454 spark map.

No detonation or knock counts last drive. I'm excited! I had to increase AE (maybe due to the increased advance at lower loads?) because the truck would act like someone shut the key off when I punched the throttle to 25% fast takoff. It never popped out the intake.....it was weird? It would also only do it when the engine was hot! (I may have changed the AE coolant multiplier when at temp. It was at .5) ;)

This spark map is a combination of 3 bin's taken from 1990-1995 454's. BAMY, BANC, and BMHK

It's still a work in progress. This is my first time tuning and all of this is new to me.

Last edited by chevmasta; 06-02-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Sure looks better then a stock spark table!

There's a couple $85 XDF out there and a lot of differences in the two. But I just did one of these trucks a couple weeks ago and found no need for more then the XDF we have been using here. There were things like governor etc...

Undefined means just that, it has not yet been added the the XDF from the hack of the bin. This is an excellent ECM but so few ever built that no one has yet to spend the time to do all work needed in XDF, but like I said, I found no need for more then what's there like Six Shooter did.

I ended up using BANF as a starter bin file for this one ton truck, new motor with slight cam. Since it was done Guy has towed a heavy load and reported no issues pulling the mountain passes nearby and cresting top 15 MPH faster then before, driving with out load was huge improvement from whatever bin it had stock to start, and this was for a 20 year tech with his own shop.

First got fueling VE, BLM in order, then went to spark.

Here's an example of a stock GM disaster spark table, stock BANF. If you look at fueling VE tables they are also a disaster, more on that below...

Sticking with all stock bias settings and just working the stock GM spark table smoothed to end up with same timing at all situations, then adding timing while touching knock retard and backing off 4 degrees for safety since this was used for towing heavy loads. Here's what I ended up with. I could have spent another 10 minutes to further smooth the fine tune, but it would not run any better, just the graph table would look prettier.

You can see the similarity but without the insanity. First understand timing is in the cell of spark table but it interpolates from four surrounding cells to come up with actual timing advance. When GM did these you have to remember they were first done on engine dyno to produce maximum cylinder pressure/HP at 115 atdc IIRC, then went to drive-ability guys, then had to pass emissions guys, so maybe it was a decent table at first, but drive-ability needed less spark here so they grabbed that area and pulled it down, then emissions guy needed something and grabbed that area and pushed it. In the end it works fine, but how the heck are you supposed to tune it now?

Why some deceration in some bins is over 45 degrees when maximum allowed is 41.84 I still don't understand, but it surely to do with one of the bias to main tables.

I'll attach the bin if you'd like to compare or try.
    Attached Images Attached Images

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the reply!

I figured that's what it was with the .xdf not complete. I started tuning the tuner's bin that I got from him and he's modified the addresses I posted above. And my 2nd gear shifts really hard so I wanted to see if I can put those trans parameters back to stock and see if it helps. (I have a transgo kit in the trans too)
    Maybe I'll have to lean how to do hac stuff. Idk.

I've added alot of low load lower rpm timing as you can see. Truck really responds well. I hope this gets me another 1mpg. Afterall, that's 10%!!!!! LMAO!

My truck does NOT like the timing anywhere from 1600-2800 rpms and 60-90kpa area's. Go figure, the stock map was way low too.

I started on my VE tables and I can see they've changed since I've done my spark. I will have to revisit. My stock spark table is posted below.

Here's the 3 bins/spark maps that I've combined to make my current spark map:

1995 454SS BMHK

1990 454SS BAMY

1993 454 1 ton BANC

Here's my current showing the left side decel dropping off timing. A better view of my map is posted in my previous post:

Last edited by chevmasta; 06-02-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Not sure without the bin to compare but looks like you dropped way to much decel there? It may not even light off throughing raw unburned fuel at you O2 sensor during decel, isn't your bin here some where?

So what's the issue now your after?

What's done to your motor? You ought to try that bin I posted just to see how it runs, it also had a smoother VE table to start then tweaked via BLM, does not have the super drop in fuel used to limit power and RPM, compare it to a stock BANF...

I see what you did with the three, but I don't like to do that because of all other bias possibilities of three bin files from 5 years apart? Then a performance truck and a work horse, I mean look at the 454 SS table capared to the BANC which looks identical to BANF... I keep finding the KISS policy works well

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    I've dropped 2* at 1000 and 7* at 1200. It's actually not THAT much different on decel. I was thinking of doing more because of the little difference. I still have 15 and 16* in those cells.
    It's also hard to get DFCO to actually turn on. When it does my timing was dropping down to 10*

I know the only difference in the GEN V 454's from SS to mine is tuning. Base engine is exactly the same. they had 250hp IIRC and I had 235hp.

Only place I found my bin was on the tunerpro site, IIRC. I do have a copy if you want it. I used the HDR1 from moates to read my bin so I know it's a correct BANC.bin

My engine is pretty much stock minus a 3" exhaust from the manifolds back. And a fuel pressure increase to 16psi. I'll try your bin and see what happens.

Here's my current VE map. needs some small tweaks after some timing adjustments ive made. Remember that I rarely get out to 4krpm areas for the most part so those I really haven't done some tweaking in.

This is my first time tuning with this stuff. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong. lol

stock VE table:

Last edited by chevmasta; 06-02-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Looks like your doing good with the tables! Way easier to work with then stock.

DFCO bias is obviously intruding on what timing table says, another good reason to bring it back up to where it should be stock.

If your got 16 PSI then grab that injector sizing spread sheet I just posted in another thread and see what BPW is supposed to be.

-= =-