Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16147060 $85 Superceeded to $D8

16147060 $85 Superceeded to $D8

This PCM and $85 always seems to bring me greif and I think I figured out why!

I did some checking and all $85 bin files were superceeded, when you look at the superceeded bin file it is no longer $85, it is now $D8.

This would explain 2 xdf files I had titled $85 and I figured I would combine them since so many things were differant, man that was a disaster and waste of time. I then looked at two hacks from $85 file and total differences?

This would also explain why some guys get data with $85.adx and some don't or have problems. I have no idea what ALDL file to use to make a $D8 adx file?

So far all Axxx bin files for 7.4L 4L80E 16147060 $85 have been superceeded to Bxxx and have $D8 in mask ID space in hex. Have not researched any 5.7L bins...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I just know that the XDF and ADX I have works great with $85....

Though my friend that is using the '7060 currently is now thinking about going to a '7427 to run MPFI, AFTER I get a couple spare '7060s to mess with on my bench. :facepalm:
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

You sure the bin you've been working with is marked $85? That would prove the XDF and ADX are $85.

As much as I don't like to start a tune with a superceeded bin file it looks like I will be using your XDF and ADX on this truck. I just don't have time to develop and test the other files. I don't even know what bin is in this truck till later today...

But at least we know now what/why there is other files and can title them properly. Also need to split the $85 info thread and include a $D8 thread to seperate defs, hacks and bins.

-= =-

I've used DataMaster TTS for $85, when when TunerPro RT $85 didn't work. DataMaster TTS is free for 20 data logs.

dave w

Administrator
    This would also explain why some guys get data with $85.adx and some don't or have problems. I have no idea what ALDL file to use to make a $D8 adx file?
    If the cals were superceded, the datastream should be the same with both masks. The dealer scantool (tech1) selects a data stream by year, make, and model entered by the tech. It knows nothing about the mask id and neither do techs operating it. Disassembling part of the car to get the ecm cover off and read the BCC takes too much time and since the only way to read the scan id is with the scan tool, scan id wouldn't be an option either.

The attached $85 .bin file is from a 350 I used DataMaster TTS to tune with. Maybe this will help as a starter .bin?

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I've used DataMaster TTS for $85, when when TunerPro RT $85 didn't work. DataMaster TTS is free for 20 data logs.
    dave w
    If the $85 EFI system is a conversion and rewired like Six Shooters then the ADX file will work. But in a stock truck or wired like a stock truck then it needs to have a connection command. The ALDL wire is dead and has other modules tied to the one wire so each module needs to be told what to do. Here is the note in ALDL file:
    ECM OVERVIEW
    ------------
    This ECM is a slave on a masterless ALDL. In other words, there is
    no traffic on the ALDL, so when the tester is connected to
    the ALDL it must initiate communications with the ECM rather than
    waiting for the F0 poll.
    I now have a TunerPro $85 adx file that will connect to a stock 16147060 truck.

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    If the cals were superseded, the data stream should be the same with both masks. The dealer scan tool (tech1) selects a data stream by year, make, and model entered by the tech. It knows nothing about the mask id and neither do techs operating it. Disassembling part of the car to get the ecm cover off and read the BCC takes too much time and since the only way to read the scan id is with the scan tool, scan id wouldn't be an option either.
    In looking through the ALDL file list I could not find another option for this truck, not knowing if the list is complete I did not know if it was correct but after many hours of testing I would say you are absolutely correct. After getting the connection command working all data looks correct.

The attached $85 .bin file is from a 350 I used DataMaster TTS to tune with. Maybe this will help as a starter .bin?

dave w
    I looked at your bin and it is a $D8. So far every BCC I have checked marked Axxx has been $85 and superseded to Bxxx which is $D8.

I spent over 14 hours yesterday on a 3 hour tune while I had this truck. Good news is we have a ADX file that connects every time for a stock truck. Because of the note above from ALDL file connection the truck must be running to connect. I did not do complete testing for all scenarios but if truck is running, click connect and data starts flowing within a second. I did try to connect then start truck and no data.

More good news is I can not find anything wrong with the $85 XDF I used yesterday while tuning a $D8 bin file. I have not checked every signal hex address from hack to XDF file but of the hundred or so including the most important I did they all match up. Using the XDF to tune truck was easy and reliable. Customer was thrilled that his truck finally ran better then it did stock when it ran worse after a rebuild with aftermarket cam and intake! The owner of truck was also ASE certified tech with his own shop and 20 years experience. May be the first vehicle I have ever tuned that did not have a mechanical issue to correct first!

I want to do some cleaning up of the ADX and XDF files and I will post them for anyone who wants to use them.

-= =-

Mark,
    I think I've just encountered a 16147060 .bin that will not connect with either TunerPro or DataMaster. I think the attached .bin is from a motor home chassis. If you get a chance, maybe you can let me know if the attached .bin is $D8? The .bin will not connect to a scan tool!

Thanks,
    dave w

AWYN is $85 checked in hex. Ran it in Cal Data and Superseded to BAMP checked hex $D8.

BCC Find results:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/BCCFind/...shtml?BCC=awyn

I've attached the superseded bin for you and the ADX and XDF.

I have not had time to detail these files as I like to after I have tested and used them, but they do work fine.

In the ADX if you edit acquisition file there is a note, some need engine connection and some need connection set to none. With it being a motor home chassis I have no idea if it has other modules on ALDL line? It may be like Six Shooters and connect with none. It may even work on conversions that need none?

EDIT: A scan tool would have the connection! So try as is and then edit acquisition header and set connection to none.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Maybe this is some of my problem!?

I tried to datalog today and could not get any datastream to come thru even though it says DA was connected? I've used TTSDatamaster 85 in the past with good results? My bin is a BANC.

IN the 7060 thread im using Six Shooters 85sort.xdf and the .adx from that also......I get nothing. If I use the A138.adx dowloaded from tunerpro website and the 85sort.xdf I can communicate and log fine.

Something is weird. I thought I had all of this working a month or so ago in my thread on thirdgen!?? ARGH!

Please help,

Well I got the ADX above to work first shot every time on a stock factory truck that came with this ECM. The one Six Shooter uses has no connection command and works on the vehicle he converted. So it is something to do with stock factory truck and how the connection command is needed to start data.

I beleive both files above are same ones from Six Shooter but ADX has connection command, and they are renamed as a set. They may be differant or worked on? But I used them both and did many hours testing while I had the truck and they work fine.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    IDK WTF is going on. Tunerpro just crashed and now it seems to be working? Im done for today. I'll test more tomorrow. I'd like to get datatracing setup too.

Mark,
    I think I've just encountered a 16147060 .bin that will not connect with either TunerPro or DataMaster. I think the attached .bin is from a motor home chassis. If you get a chance, maybe you can let me know if the attached .bin is $D8? The .bin will not connect to a scan tool!

Thanks,
    dave w
    I used the .adx posted by EagleMark, and it's working fine for me.

dave w

The ADX I use has connection commands.

The car I tune with it is wired exactly like an OEM vehicle as far as the ALDL side is concerned.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

But it does not have other modules that a stock truck with that PCM would have tied into same data line... Something is differant, beleive me, I trust you and tested your adx again after I added commands from ALDL.ds file to another one.

-= =-