Thread: 16147060 $85 Superceeded to $D8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

16147060 $85 Superceeded to $D8

This PCM and $85 always seems to bring me greif and I think I figured out why!

I did some checking and all $85 bin files were superceeded, when you look at the superceeded bin file it is no longer $85, it is now $D8.

This would explain 2 xdf files I had titled $85 and I figured I would combine them since so many things were differant, man that was a disaster and waste of time. I then looked at two hacks from $85 file and total differences?

This would also explain why some guys get data with $85.adx and some don't or have problems. I have no idea what ALDL file to use to make a $D8 adx file?

So far all Axxx bin files for 7.4L 4L80E 16147060 $85 have been superceeded to Bxxx and have $D8 in mask ID space in hex. Have not researched any 5.7L bins...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I just know that the XDF and ADX I have works great with $85....

Though my friend that is using the '7060 currently is now thinking about going to a '7427 to run MPFI, AFTER I get a couple spare '7060s to mess with on my bench. :facepalm:
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

You sure the bin you've been working with is marked $85? That would prove the XDF and ADX are $85.

As much as I don't like to start a tune with a superceeded bin file it looks like I will be using your XDF and ADX on this truck. I just don't have time to develop and test the other files. I don't even know what bin is in this truck till later today...

But at least we know now what/why there is other files and can title them properly. Also need to split the $85 info thread and include a $D8 thread to seperate defs, hacks and bins.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I've used DataMaster TTS for $85, when when TunerPro RT $85 didn't work. DataMaster TTS is free for 20 data logs.

dave w

Administrator
    This would also explain why some guys get data with $85.adx and some don't or have problems. I have no idea what ALDL file to use to make a $D8 adx file?
    If the cals were superceded, the datastream should be the same with both masks. The dealer scantool (tech1) selects a data stream by year, make, and model entered by the tech. It knows nothing about the mask id and neither do techs operating it. Disassembling part of the car to get the ecm cover off and read the BCC takes too much time and since the only way to read the scan id is with the scan tool, scan id wouldn't be an option either.

The attached $85 .bin file is from a 350 I used DataMaster TTS to tune with. Maybe this will help as a starter .bin?

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files