Thread: having data trace issues

Angry having data trace issues

93 chev 350 LT 1 using bdzl.bin, da3.xdf and da2.ads with version 4 tuner pro RT. I have followed all insrtuction to the T of setting up from this thread http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php?t=2674 but still not working. Would like to find someone willing to just logonto my PC and show me what I am doing wrong. I used tuner pro before on a different PC and never had this issue. HELP ME SOMEBODY PLEASE!

Is there a reason you can't get TunerPro V5? I have not worked with TPV4 in years.

Email me your XDF, ADX, BIN and a data log so I can find out what's wrong.

mark at eagle-mark.com

Or attach it to a post here.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

I opened your files in TunerPro V5 and found no Data tracing work done?

So I looked at them in EditPad and the Data Tracing work seems to be there. So TP V4 xdf does not import data tracing work into V5. Same for the ads, once imported to V5 data tracing work is gone.

In your email you said you can not get connection data. Without data connection you will not get any data tracing.

I think your issue at this point is the new computer has not had cable installed properly! Or cable to TunerPro V4 is not set up properly. I have not used TP V4 in years so I can't be much help there.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    As a quick test, you can download winaldl (Free) and configure it for your port, set the settings to 4800, 8 , N, 1 and it should display telemetry right off the bat. As a newbie, I found it easier to make sure my cable was working. IF it is, then the problem is the way you have TP configured...

I'll be a little negative here.

I have followed all insrtuction to the T
    Given the data of the post
    Dec 02, 2011 7:27 pm, EagleMark was using Turner Pro Version 5. So, you were not following the instructions to a T.

Did the Dash work? You may have to add dashboard items.

What was the status of the connection at the bottom of the screen?

With computers divide & conquer works. Try getting the adx to work first.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by historystamp View Post
    I'll be a little negative here.

Given the data of the post
    Dec 02, 2011 7:27 pm, EagleMark was using Turner Pro Version 5. So, you were not following the instructions to a T.

Did the Dash work? You may have to add dashboard items.

What was the status of the connection at the bottom of the screen?

With computers divide & conquer works. Try getting the adx to work first.

Robert

Wasn't talking about instruction from eagle mark. But anyways I've now upgraded to version 5 and now the engine wont even run. So question is do I need a version 5 bin too? When I was in version 4 tp the engine ran, I had dash items live and I could edit the bin live. The only thing I couldn't do was trace data in the tables. I'll be glad when I learn what is really going on because I feel its something really simple and its just my lack of experience with the program software. When I originally and successfully tuned with version 4 tp on the last pc I had it on I did not have these issues. I am still using XP Pro but just on a newer pc. I didnt have com issues using version 4 on this current pc but now I am questioning that with version 5, maybe settings or conflicting coms??? I dunno. I think have all my settings for the definitions right now but like I said I dont remember making any of these special setting the last time. Not saying I dont have to do it this time but was it possible that these settings were already defined? That has been the question since I started this project, what changed? or why wasn't it set this time like the last, maybe thats why I'm so frustrated.
    Last edited by carcaper; 05-03-2012 at 07:36 PM.

ok! To fill everyone in on my current project. 1993 Chevy Camaro 350 LT 1 with ecm # 16159279 and BDZL9600 using moates GP 1 adapter and Aprom emulator. I now have ver 5 tuner pro loaded and registered. I have a bdlz no vat bin loaded with $DA3 XDF and a $DA3 ADX with ve fuel map and spark tables associated. Engine cranks but wont fire since I upgraded to ver 5. I had the engine running using ver 4, I could change the bin while emulating on trhe fly, my dash was receiving live feed, but never could trace data in tables. So I upgraded to ver 5 and have moved at least 3 steps backwards. Been at this for a week now and its obvious I need some help. I will never admit I will ever know it all and always try to keep an open mind to everything. I try not to be erragant but sometimes people take me the wrong way so if you feel that I am bossy or demanding or sassy just slap me around a bit and I'll be fine.

You sound frustrated not arrogant... do you have remote desktop installed on the laptop with AutoProm and Internet connection? If so email me an invite or? Let me know when you are ready and I will take a look.

-= =-

I have remote desktop installed as far as I know, Yes. I am here and have everything hooked up battery charging, gased up, doors open and rarin to go. The time now is 7:05 am Monday May 7, 2012.

Is computer hooked to internet? If so follow directions and email me an invitation.

Sending a Remote Assistance Invitation

1. Open Help and Support Center by clicking Start, and then clicking Help and Support.
    2. Under Ask for Assistance click Invite a friend to connect to your computer with Remote Assistance.
    3. The Remote Assistance page is displayed. Click Invite someone to help you.
    4. There are three available options for sending the Remote Assistance invitation: Windows Messenger, email, or saving the invitation as a file. Choose one of the three options, and then follow the directions. With the email or Save as Invitation methods, the Novice will be given the opportunity to protect the session with a password. The Novice must also select a time period when the invitation will automatically expire. The Novice can expire any invitation at any time by clicking the View invitation status link on the Remote Assistance page that is referred to in Step 3.
    5. When the Expert receives the invitation, the Expert is prompted for the password which the Novice set. After supplying this password, the Expert can initiate the Remote Assistance session.
    6. After the Expert initiates the session, the Novice's computer verifies the password that the Expert entered.
    7. The Novice's computer also checks to make sure that the invitation that the Expert used is a valid invitation and that the invitation is still open.
    8. If the invitation is open and the password is correct, the Novice receives a notification stating that the Expert wants to start the session now and the Novice is prompted to start the Remote Assistance session.
    9. If the Novice chooses to start the session, the Remote Assistance Novice chat dialog box will open on the Novice's computer and the Remote Assistance Expert console opens on the Expert's computer. At this point, the Expert can see everything on the Novice computer, in real time.
    10. The Expert can request to take control of the Novices computer at this point by clicking the Take Control button on the Expert console. This sends a message to the Novice's computer notifying the Novice that the Expert is requesting to take control of the computer. The message provides the following three methods by which the Novice can stop the Experts control of their computer:Press the ESC key.
      Hold down the CTRL key, and then press the C key.
      Click the Stop Control button next to the Novice's chat window.
    11. If the Novice chooses to give control of the computer to the Expert, the Novice and the Expert share control of the keyboard and the mouse. It is best if the Novice does not move the mouse or type when the Expert has control because the session responds to both users inputs, which causes the mouse to behave erratically. If the Novice stops control, the Remote Assistance session continues and the Expert can still see the Novice's desktop.

-= =-

ok I sent you the invite thanks for showing me this, I never knew it was that easy!