Thread: $EEHack Read Failure Every Time?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Okay, tried the latest version and it works wildly differently from the old one. The error counts skyrocket (250 in 17 minutes, 500 in 34 minutes), but analyzing the resulting logs I no longer have any one-frame DTCs, BLMs over 18, insane knock events, or anything of the sort. It appears to be doing exactly what it's supposed to do--reject the bad data. :) I have attached the log of the drive to this post.

In addition, the read routine now fails every single time--but does so properly. With 4.7.0 the read routine would either successfully complete and then complain about a checksum issue or would fail partway in an unrecoverable fashion that required me to remove the ECM fuse behind the battery to get back to normal operation. I tried the read function four times with 4.8.0 and all four times it got about 25% through and then hit an unrecoverable error, the program reset the E-Side and T-Side, and dropped me back to a working state as it's supposed to do. I've attached a verbose debug log of one such read attempt for reference. This still proves that there's an underlying serial data issue on my '94, but at least now EEHack is handling these errors with grace. :)

I did notice some other bugs, but I'll go ahead and post them in the EEHack 2019 thread instead.
    Attached Files Attached Files