Hello everyone,

New to site, new post, hoping for some help.

I been beating up the google search bar and kept liking what I have found on this site. You guys have lots of good info. I believe I have all aspects of my swap figured out other then the best route for my computer. I'm swapping out my worn and high mileage 91 TBI 350/4l80e for a 95 TBI 454/4l80e. The engine comes complete top to bottom minus the wiring harness and the computer due to the fact the truck had a cab fire and those items where trash. I hope to use my factory harness and....

Is my best option to have a chip made/burned and put it into my computer? (Is that a dumb question?) or should I look for a 454/4l80e factory computer and just run that as is? or get the right computer and still have a PROM burned? Is there a computer code I can use in reference when looking for the correct computer?

These might be very simple things that I can still search and find but I've been sifting through so much I need a break. I know some of you know this info like the back of you hand. Thanks for any help given.