So since I drive the truck daily right now, I am going to re-build the old bench test harness and set it up with the intent of starting to delete code. Stuff I don't need. It's time to fork this thing, and get rid of crap I don't want so I can get space to add what I do want.

Things I do not need, and I don't think will be missed:

Factory Test Routines (there are several, two the size of the entire boost patch)
EGR
Charcoal canister purge

My thinking is that if I can remove these things, with no ill effects, it will provide quite a bit of room for adding in boosty accessories like boost control (possibly PWM, would need to look at the hardware again) and intercooler pump control (on/off control based on either IAT or intercooler water temp)

I can re-purpose the cooling fan control for the intercooler, but in doing so, most turbo guys would have to give up an electric fan-that's a pretty big deal in some chassis. Probably not the best output to use for this.

The carbon canister purge and EGR 1, EGR 2, and EGR 3 outputs can all handle decent current, and are all suitable for driving relays. The EGR outputs should be able to drive PWM solenoid valves as well.

The Evaporator Temperature Sensor input is a weird one, but it could probably be used as a general purpose input-it is not a normal temperature sensor A/D input. I don't know what is in the little black box that the thermistor plugs into before going to the PCM.

Before any goodies get added in, I think space should be made first. I'm gonna post what I think can go out of the disassembly, and if anyone wants to have a look I'll gladly send the disassembly via PM.