Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tunerview

Tunerview

Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    While I don't have issues with Craig, I have been let down by a product he sells, but only because the original manufacturer/developer gave me a polite "goanfuckurself" when I asked for a few more simple features to be added, that only required some additions to the code and no hardware changes. I'll be making my own soon, so I can get his product out of my car.
    Tunerview! Great idea for what one or two ECMs?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Tunerview! Great idea for what one or two ECMs?
    No, if you're a Honda owner, you're all set, LOTS of support there, but he seems to have ZERO interest in supporting the GM/Ford stuff.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

We could always develop one to end his GM business?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Super Moderator
    Arduino based would make it dead-simple, i would think? i can't think of many other microcontrollers that are as simple to use...
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Quote Originally Posted by RobertISaar View Post
    Arduino based would make it dead-simple, i would think? i can't think of many other microcontrollers that are as simple to use...
    I have an Arduino sitting on my bench, I'm just having a little more trouble understanding how to write the code than I was hoping I would. :(
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    I know that this is getting a little off topic...
    But out of curiosity I googled TunerView...

If this: tv2.jpg& this: http://www.moates.net/tunerview-ii-l...kit-p-223.html

Is what you are talking about it... This just appears to just be an arduino with a very cleverly written "sketch".

I've seen several opensource products that deliver the same functionality.

Making one for ALDL instead of CANBUS (or GMLAN) wouldnt be too great a challenge IMHO.
    In fact I'm pretty sure the guys at delcohacking made a black box logger for ALDL... logs to an SDCARD and then imports to TP5.

If I find a little time i'll do a little tinkering and see how great a challenge this would be...

Fuel Injected!
    Sorry I was a little behind you with my earlier reply...

Check this out: http://www.delcohacking.net/forums/v...php?f=10&t=890

Quote Originally Posted by T2000 View Post
    I know that this is getting a little off topic...
    But out of curiosity I googled TunerView...

This just appears to just be an arduino with a very cleverly written "sketch".
    That is pretty much what is. I don't know enough about the code to be able to modify it and still function. I tried modifying the TV code to be able to add the items I want to display, but it seems it needs a compiler to do that. I can modify something, which breaks the program, change it back, and it works fine again, using notepad.

I've seen several opensource products that deliver the same functionality.
    Post any info you have.

Making one for ALDL instead of CANBUS (or GMLAN) wouldnt be too great a challenge IMHO.
    In fact I'm pretty sure the guys at delcohacking made a black box logger for ALDL... logs to an SDCARD and then imports to TP5.

If I find a little time i'll do a little tinkering and see how great a challenge this would be...
    Quote Originally Posted by T2000 View Post
    Sorry I was a little behind you with my earlier reply...

Check this out: http://www.delcohacking.net/forums/v...php?f=10&t=890
    I've had some correspondence with VL400 about his device, which has helped, I just don't understand C or C++ enough to write a working sketch yet. I'm going to get back into it later this week, to try and get the project moving along.

Right now, I just want to connect to the ALDL and display one item, after that I can add more to it, I just want the basics right now.

FWIW, I was a beta tester for the TV II being connected to $59, I found a couple issues, even discovered what I thought the problem to be, because I was able to replicate the problem in Tuner Pro, and the supplier argued up and down that I was wrong, that he did everything perfect, then all of a sudden, he discovered that I was right all along and I was finally able to have SA TDC displayed correctly.

He refuses to add anything as simple as knock retard that would create more interest from the GM tuners. He wonders why he has a lack of interest from us, when he won't add what the GM tuners want. Last time I heard from him, I was told "I'll get to it when I have time, and I have other things that are more important..." That was about a year and a half ago. On the flip side, if a Honda tuner/owner asks for a new feature, "Oh yeah, that's a great idea..." then about an hour to a day later... "Here you go, new firmware..." :facepalm:

I'm not sure what I'm going to with my TV II in the end, it has a large 4x20 display, that I could use with my Arduino, or I could sell it to some Honda owner and get most of my money back on it. I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I'll have to see if I can use the moates created interface with the Arduino. Craig developed a small box that connects between the ALDL connector and the TV II, to interface the two. If my suspicions are correct, it is simply a serial ALDL interface.

I worked with him last fall. I'm still waiting for the 1619747 update. :-(

I think I'll have an Arduino working before then. And I can chose what display I want and where it goes.
    Familiar with 1227747 and 16197427 PCMs

Administrator
    If you need help with C \ C++ lmk. Learning code can be tough and trying to do it by yourself can take years.

Shannen

Quote Originally Posted by FSJ Guy View Post
    I worked with him last fall. I'm still waiting for the 1619747 update. :-(

I think I'll have an Arduino working before then. And I can chose what display I want and where it goes.
    Worked with who?

I agree, once I get a better handle on the C/C++ type programming that the Arduino uses, it'll take no time. I've only been able to do simple things with LEDs and the most basic things with the LCD so far, and my LCD exploits have been less than optimal. I still need to figure out how to program a refresh of the screen, so that the value can actually change.

Fuel Injected!
    Worked with who?

I agree, once I get a better handle on the C/C++ type programming that the Arduino uses, it'll take no time. I've only been able to do simple things with LEDs and the most basic things with the LCD so far, and my LCD exploits have been less than optimal. I still need to figure out how to program a refresh of the screen, so that the value can actually change.
    Try:

lcd.clear(); // clears the lcd display
    lcd.setCursor(col,row); //replace col & row with the address of the data to be written
    lcd.print('gearhead'); //replace 'gearhead' with the data to be written to the LCD

I'm no C expert but found the transition from VisualBasic fairly straight forward
    Last edited by T2000; 05-02-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Also if you are interested in the opensource OBD Arduino as some inspiration and information ...
    Maybe start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBDuino

&
    http://code.google.com/p/opengauge/wiki/OBDuinoInterface

&
    http://code.google.com/p/opengauge/wiki/OBDuino32K

&
    http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=218257

Y
    ou will need lots of caffeine though

Worked with who?
    The guy who created the TunerView. JR.
    Familiar with 1227747 and 16197427 PCMs

Fuel Injected!
    time to bust out the shovel thread diggin time LOL

vl400 over on delcohacking.net now pcmhacking.net has developed a similar concept for gm aldl style pcms :D its a display and logger logging aldl to SD card http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=890