Thread: have question on Edelbrock chip and mpfi kit off a 454ss truck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

maybe

well I set it to 27fs512(read only) and it read it..

can one of u guys look at it and see if looks like it read it right?
    thanks
    mike454
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator
    Hardware wise I'm good I think....the truck is running now and has been this way for 10 yrs.
    Yep. It runs. But it might lead to an interesting discussion if you consider why GM spent millions of dollars designing ecm code and memcals to deliver fuel differently if the engine is equipped with port fuel injection or throttle body injection. I've driven a BBC suburban with the Edelbrock conversion. It was not impressive. It stumbled, ran rich, and didn't lean out during decel. Those seem to be common complaints from others but maybe yours is different?

can one of u guys look at it and see if looks like it read it right?
    thanks
    At a very quick glance it looks like the read was correct. The mask or program ID at $0008 is $D8 which matches up with 16147060 or 16127470 ecm in 91-93 trucks and the end of the file has appropriate looking reset and code entry addresses. If you can find a D8 definition file for Tunerpro then you should be able to view the data.

its a lot for a newbie to wrap my head around, but I'll get it with a nudge in the right direction.lol
    It is a lot. And it will come at you fast. But feel free to ask questions. We're all students here...

Fuel Injected!
    oh yea defiantly,i knew the Edelbrock kit was a bit of a rube goldburg apparatus,considering it was designed to run tbi not mpfi. I didn't think a couple wire and a chip tune would/could do a whole lot.
    I figured it was kind've a patch up deal to wire it to fire bank to bank like the throttle body did.
    I know to do it right it would need to be ran as sequential to make it run optimized.
    so if there is a way to get there hardware wise id defiantly be looking to go that way..
    I just wanted to save that Edelbrock chip read just in case during all this I couldn't get back to where it was.(which aint the greatest)
    im not sure what's actually on there....I got it to read right by just checking the 27c512(read only), it wouldn't read using the 27c256 no matter which offset I used./

who knows I guess some where down the line it may have been changed or rewritten anyways.

Thanks for taking a looks will go look it over in the compare and see if I can figure out what they did.

mike454

Fuel Injected!
    Been some time since I had that system. Wester's Garage cleaned up Edelbrock's tune before I moved on to DynamicEFI.

Administrator
    I know to do it right it would need to be ran as sequential to make it run optimized.
    Sequential is not necessary. With TBI the injectors are fired left bank, right bank, over and over, most of the time. PFI mode gives time between injection events for fuel to vaporize.
    There is more [rul=https://web.archive.org/web/20030216033345/http://www.fortunecity.com/rivendell/oddworld/24/ECM/inj_op.htm]here.[/url]