Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Bin File. Please help

Fuel Injected!

Looking for a Bin File. Please help

Hey everyone, I have a 1992 K2500 5.7L TBI 4L80E that i converted to vortec heads and now need a bin file. Anyone have anything they would be willing to share? I tried the BRDW bin but for some reason it wasn't burning properly. Please help!!
    Vortec heads
    GM Performance Intake for TBI to head
    18psi fuel spring
    Vortec fuel pump(i have but will install this weekend)
    ported throttle body
    egr connected
    stock everything else
    Service No: 16147060 AXRH
    Thanks for your time!

Fuel Injected!
    Here is the vortec stock timing tables dave w posted. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-Throttle-ONLY
    then I would find the actual bin for your truck AXRH http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ms-Tuner-Info!
    unless you changed anything besides the heads in the setup like gears or trans then that should be the best starting point. find your computer number then the adx, xdf and bins should be there.

The stock vortec timing tables are very conservative and could use more timing on a stock motor but that would be the best place to start. I have vortecs but a bigger cam and way different timing that you would need. The other thing you will need to change is the VE tables but that will be datalog and use the excel spreadsheets dave has posted to get them tuned in. not sure if his sheet works for all masks or not but it is very helpful.

Hopefully this helps a little

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Typhoonss92 for the detailed instructions. That definitely gives me a place to start. This has been more of a project than I have anticipated because I am very new to this. Thanks again for the help

Fuel Injected!
    Half the fun is learning and saying you made a custom chip.

Fuel Injected!
    Another quick question is that I looked up my ecu number via the website you sent, and I see everything other than AXRH bin. Do you know of another location I would be able to find one or maybe have a suggestion on another bin to use?

Fuel Injected!
    So what is in the computer number locations is all the bins verified working or a good bin from gm that was not superseded. unfortunately I do not I do not have a electronic trans or that computer. 92-93 were weird years inbetween 88-91 and 94-95. looking at the page for your computer in post 5 maybe try one of those. not sure what your gears are and it would be a 91 not 92. The other difference is you have a 2500 and it dosent state that so your truck would be a little heavier. mostly timing tables would be slightly different.
    I saw all the ads/adx and xdf files and the ve tuner excel spreadsheet there also.

I have an 88 but just upgraded to the 95 computer 7427 so I am in the relearning experience right now getting mine tuned. Something I found worked for me is I set the distributor to 6 degrees then added that into the bin under scalars initial timing. what this does is when you set you timing tables it will remove 6 degrees from them and the computer sets the rest and in your datalog it will show 6 degrees less of timing. but it is there from the dist. This helps on start and hot starts. This is something some people say to do and others are against. In my case it helped.

oh yeah one other place you can check is here. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/bin/
    AXRL is for a 3500 with 4l80e. with the electronic trans you really need to know you rear gear as the shift points are set to the gear and I would think that would be the main factor is getting the transmission/gear right as you are going to change the timing and ve anyway.

It is a try this out type of thing, test datalog look over it make changes then test again. I have burned 35 chips in the past 2 weeks but nothing on my truck is stock.
    let me know I will try to help if I can.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Typhoon, I have a 4.10 gear ratio. I think the best option is the AXRJ from the index that is a 1992 5.7 4l80e 4.10 gears. Will the $85 Mask work for this? Also, comparing what tables come up in TunerPro for the AXRJ, I don't see any place to modify the tables that was listed in Dave's spreadsheet. Any suggestions? My apologies for my ignorance lol. I am really new to this

Fuel Injected!
    As I said you have a weird year, check this post. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...erceeded-to-D8
    seems some have been superseded and some have not. but this should give you all the options. either $85 or $D8. you will know the data will look normal not out of place and negative numbers through the tables
    You are looking for the VE tables for the spreadsheet. Not sure exactly what it will be called for your bin as they are slightly different for each, something along the lines of VE vs MAP vs RPM. it is under the tables section. Then from the history tables you will get your datalog part to put in the sheet and then get the data from the bottom of the sheet to put back in you VE table in you bin for the corrections.

for the most part you may just need to go thru all the parameters one by one to see what they are just to know you way around the file a little better. when in tuner pro if you hit f10 key it will show the parameter window which will have the comments if any for that parameter.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks again Typhoon for the help! I will start working on it and share my progress.

Fuel Injected!
    Hey Typhoon, I found the VE table(Main Fuel(VE%) vs RPM & Map, but I also found a similar table (Main Spark Advance Vs. Load Vs. RPM). my next question(s) are if I use the open throttle values from the spreadsheet to copy and past into these tables? Both tables or just the VE? Should I use the Closed throttle table from the spreadhsheet and paste it in somewhere? Thanks!

Fuel Injected!
    ve is for fuel and main spark is for timing. So the open throttle will go into the main spark. now you may not be able to just copy and paste because the rpm and map may not be the same in both tables so you can copy if they are the same if not you will have to do this manually. I did and it sucked. I actually made an excel sheet just incase I need to start over I have it already to copy and paste. Now the stock timing is very conservative, you might want your idle which is the 600-800 cells upped a few degrees, I run my idle timing at 28 but I have a cam. The VE table there is really nothing to paste to start. This table you will take your truck for a drive once warmed up and datalog and save the file. you will need to play the datalog file in tunerpro and watch the history. Acquisition> load log file and acquisition> show history tables. in the history tables you should have dropdown and something like "BLM" then next to that drop down choose history average. when it is completely done running copy that table into the excel sheet at the top, then go into your bin perameters to the VE table and copy that into the excel sheet where it says to. then at the bottom of the sheet there is a insert table into tuner pro, copy that table and paste into your VE tables in tuner pro. This will start to correct your tables. You may need multiple test drives to get all the ranges tuned in. First or second passes you will want 5-10 minute drives since they are going to be off. Also when data logging look for knock there should be something in the history tables for this. Now if you output log file to csv and select the data you need, ex. blm, ve, timing(SA), map are the minimum. then look thru the sheet at the knock count and see if any timing gets pulled it is a true knock and you will need to lower the timing. Now if the fuel is too rich or too lean it can cause knock also. so you will have to be careful of that. Once you get the VE kinda good you can start working on the timing(SA) table, see where you do not have power and add 1-2 degrees till there is knock or it feels good, if there is knock back off a degree or 2. Once you change the timing the VE table will need to be updated. then test and tune, then repeat till you are happy. play around you will learn the best way to look at log files. For the most part timing and VE will be mostly what you have to change, maybe trans shift points if you do not like where they are. fast355 posted this a few years back in the forum for his starter timing for what he said was stock to mild modified motors, this is where I started but made considerable changes. fast355 starter vortec timing stock-mild cam.PNG
    the biggest thing is you have the 92 tbi motor bottom end which had a tiny cam so not much lift so not sure mow much timing you will be able to put in it, the vortec cam was larger so you might get away with close to the stock timing table, I wanted to show you the one fast355 posted so you know that you can add timing if needed, but I would start with the stock vortec table and see how it runs.

I can offer a stock 7060 bin from a 7.4 with a 4L80E, I would think you could work with that, what say the experts ?
    Dean

Fuel Injected!
    I would think there would be too much changes needed for him to use this, since he is stock tbi bottom end. the o2 settings and injector settings are different than the 350 bins and may cause him issues.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks everyone. I updated the AXRJ with the vortec tables and I'm just waiting for my chip adapter because I have the freaking special ECU that requires it lol. Go figure. Right now the ve percent tables are blank and after I data log, I will start filling it in. I might wait until I install the L30 fuel pump to do it unless you guys think it might be able to support it? Anyways, thanks again for all of the help and this has been a great experience lol

Fuel Injected!
    Most or almost all computers need the adaptor to be able to burn chips. What table is blank, if you are talking about the one(s) in the actual bin for VE then the truck will not run, hoping you are referring to the excel sheet. The stock fuel pump you will be lucky if you reach 14-15psi with it.