Thread: Looking for a Bin File. Please help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Looking for a Bin File. Please help

Hey everyone, I have a 1992 K2500 5.7L TBI 4L80E that i converted to vortec heads and now need a bin file. Anyone have anything they would be willing to share? I tried the BRDW bin but for some reason it wasn't burning properly. Please help!!
    Vortec heads
    GM Performance Intake for TBI to head
    18psi fuel spring
    Vortec fuel pump(i have but will install this weekend)
    ported throttle body
    egr connected
    stock everything else
    Service No: 16147060 AXRH
    Thanks for your time!

Fuel Injected!
    Here is the vortec stock timing tables dave w posted. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...-Throttle-ONLY
    then I would find the actual bin for your truck AXRH http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ms-Tuner-Info!
    unless you changed anything besides the heads in the setup like gears or trans then that should be the best starting point. find your computer number then the adx, xdf and bins should be there.

The stock vortec timing tables are very conservative and could use more timing on a stock motor but that would be the best place to start. I have vortecs but a bigger cam and way different timing that you would need. The other thing you will need to change is the VE tables but that will be datalog and use the excel spreadsheets dave has posted to get them tuned in. not sure if his sheet works for all masks or not but it is very helpful.

Hopefully this helps a little

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Typhoonss92 for the detailed instructions. That definitely gives me a place to start. This has been more of a project than I have anticipated because I am very new to this. Thanks again for the help

Fuel Injected!
    Half the fun is learning and saying you made a custom chip.

Fuel Injected!
    Another quick question is that I looked up my ecu number via the website you sent, and I see everything other than AXRH bin. Do you know of another location I would be able to find one or maybe have a suggestion on another bin to use?

Fuel Injected!
    So what is in the computer number locations is all the bins verified working or a good bin from gm that was not superseded. unfortunately I do not I do not have a electronic trans or that computer. 92-93 were weird years inbetween 88-91 and 94-95. looking at the page for your computer in post 5 maybe try one of those. not sure what your gears are and it would be a 91 not 92. The other difference is you have a 2500 and it dosent state that so your truck would be a little heavier. mostly timing tables would be slightly different.
    I saw all the ads/adx and xdf files and the ve tuner excel spreadsheet there also.

I have an 88 but just upgraded to the 95 computer 7427 so I am in the relearning experience right now getting mine tuned. Something I found worked for me is I set the distributor to 6 degrees then added that into the bin under scalars initial timing. what this does is when you set you timing tables it will remove 6 degrees from them and the computer sets the rest and in your datalog it will show 6 degrees less of timing. but it is there from the dist. This helps on start and hot starts. This is something some people say to do and others are against. In my case it helped.

oh yeah one other place you can check is here. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead-efi/bin/
    AXRL is for a 3500 with 4l80e. with the electronic trans you really need to know you rear gear as the shift points are set to the gear and I would think that would be the main factor is getting the transmission/gear right as you are going to change the timing and ve anyway.

It is a try this out type of thing, test datalog look over it make changes then test again. I have burned 35 chips in the past 2 weeks but nothing on my truck is stock.
    let me know I will try to help if I can.