Thread: BJYL zipped bin in $0D bad

BJYL zipped bin in $0D bad

Mark,
    I tried to get the BJYL zipped bin from the $0D list and when it attempts to extract it, I get an error message that the zipped file is bad. could you check it and see please. I was going to do a bin/Hex compare between the BJYL and BJYM bins, they are supposed to be federal / california and I want to look at the differences to see what was changed. I have heard that the amin differences will be in the timing but just curious about it.

Never mind, I was wrong, they are both federal according to bccfind.
    Last edited by jim_in_dorris; 04-29-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!

I'm not sure that everything in BCC Find is gospel truth? I know there are many mistakes in Cal Data.

Just looked and can't find any $0D bins zipped? There is a $0D hack of those bins that is zipped. I just downloaded it and extracted fine, it may be your level virus protection picking up the extensions? If I'm wrong let me know where to find it to fix or replace.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

If all your needing is a copy of BJYL, I have a memcal with that on it I can read and send to you.
    79 Jeep Cherokee, AMC 401, T-18 manual trans, hydroboost, 16197427 MPFI system---the toy

93 Jeep YJ Wrangler, 4.0L, 5 speed, 8.8 rear, homebrew hub conversion and big brakes, hydroboost, 2.5in OME lift, 31x10.50's---the daily driver

99 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee limited, 4.0L, auto, 2wd, leather and power everything, 99% stock---the long distance highway ride.

Administrator
    According to my file comparison utility there are 1,033 differences including scan id and checksum. There are a couple of differences in the option words, completely different open, closed, and WO throttle spark tables, different high rpm fuel cut values, something at $5BC1, and a whole bunch of transmission parameters.

The following link gives a series of calibrations for 5.7 engine, 7427 pcm, and Cali emissions:
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/BCCFind/...C=7427+nb6+5.7.

I have a virgin copy BJYA (Cali) here. If you need to see it lmk and I'll dig out the reader and pull a copy out of the memcal.

HTH

Mark, it's on the fourth page, 8th from the bottom. Thanks everybody, I found a cali and a fed that pretty much matched and used TPRT v5 file compare to look at them. Some of it doesn't make sense to me but I didn't look to long last night either.
    Square body stepsides forever!!!