Thread: Questions 93 Canaro Z28 Lt1 M6 Modded tunning.

Carb and Points!

Questions 93 Canaro Z28 Lt1 M6 Modded tunning.

I picked up this car this week. It is modded, will list below for anyone who is interested in further helping. It has been tuned at least once by Solomon (dunno if he is on here) but I can't read that file which leads to these questions.

Does it matter which tuner did the tune?
    This would explain why I can't see his tune, since he may use tuner cat and I am using tuner Pro. Reason I ask is I can't open his file and look at it, numbers not correct. He said he uses DA3 definition but this may be in Tunercat not pro. Can someone with tunercat look at the bin file and tell me if that is the issue and possible transfer to a tuner pro bin? If I have to buy tunercat then I guess so be it. More software, hehe

The PCM is not a factory one, it's an reman. Does this matter in any way.

Since There is not a M6 camaro bin on here, does anyone know the difference between Auto and Manual tune besides flag and minor idle speed/gear speed stuff? Starting with a solid base is always important.

I have pried the old chip out and will get wires soldered on so I can try and pull factory tune(wasn't thinking could of just used prototyping jumpers from header duh) in the next couple days, but I can't even know which tune I should start with.

The car runs but isn't what I would consider drive-able even thought the guy I got it from was driving it every day. It runs great above 2k, anything below that it stumbles, tries to die. Tries to die at idle also unless you feather it a few times when it tries then run it up to 2k down slow it will usually idle even, but if you run it up and back down then your back to surging idle (well to me seems like it's getting to much fuel, loading up and trying to die).

Will be adding Wideband and checking Fuel Pressure next couple days.

Obviously I am wanting to learn but would like it more drive-able to learn on , so willing to pay cash if someone can make it more driveable quickly (dave w?) below will list specs and attach some logs, bins.

93 Camaro Z28
    LT! T56
    CAI
    TPIS 52mm TB (have heard aftermarket TB have issues with idle??)
    LE Stage 2 Ported Intake and Heads
    1.6 rr
    Voodoo Cam 20080722 Adv.Dur 282/290 Dur@.050 231/239 Gross lift .535/.550 LSA/LCA 110/106 RPM 2400-6400
    LongTubes, TRue Dual Exhaust

Thanks for any input or help.

Vince
    Attached Files Attached Files

Carb and Points!
    Have since last night answered my own questions once was late enough to start it. I have succusfully installed my own tune and started, didn't run well but hey baby steps, so now have a file I know will make it run and can modify, on to next step...idle...Thanks to anyone who is/has looked :)

Vince

Carb and Points!

Progress

Made progress, figured out most of my logging and burning issues.

I was able to get it running and idling without dying and only a little surging with map at idle.

jumped up idle speed everywhere to 950 to make it easier to start with.

Added a lot of timing. Everything says change slowly but I could tell from logs I need 20 deg to even be close. Probable changed it places I didn't need to so I may try a different route now since didn't know if I started with Main spark vs rpm vs map or Closed TPS Spark Advance vs RPM and in the end did both to get the timing up, but may try opposite order to see difference.

MAP is huge high, is this normal for this short of lobe separation? 110/106 As MAP fluctuates to high it would try to die with High 02 voltages so I lowered enrichment of MAP which did bring o2 voltages down, too much.

At this point decided to go for short drive, went lean and noticed speedo is way off ?

Vince

I've looked at the 93g5311910.xdl file, see attached screen shots.

All Error codes must be fixed before tuning. Error Code Link: http://chevythunder.com/199295_lt1_trouble_codes.htm

The BLM's indicate the fuel mixture is extremely rich.

It's very helpful to attached the .xdf, .bin, and .adx file used for recording a posted data log. (Keeps everyone reading off the same sheet of music - keeps everyone in "tune")

I'm guessing you used the attached $DA3-16159278-V2.adx to data log with? http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...mation-DA2-DA3

dave w
    Attached Images Attached Images