Thread: Im not a spammer

Electronic Ignition!

Im not a spammer

Here to learn about EFI

Which EFI system, LSx, TBI, TPI, or?

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    i just bought a 383 sbc with a holley stealthram with bbk throttlebody and Accel DFI gen 7. This is my first EFI setup and it is quite overwhelming! Accel DFI gen 7 is super hard to understand and there is ZERO tech support out there for it. I really want to upgrade to the self learning EFI setup like Fast EZ-EFI, but Im not sure which one goes for my combo.(I think I need the Fast EZ-EFI multi-port retro-fit kit 302000) Thats what Im hoping to find help with here.

Not very many gearhead-efi members use standalone aftermarket systems like the products offered by Holley, Accel or Fast EZ-EFI. The overwhelming majority of posts on gearhead-efi are for GM factory EFI Systems, like the LSx, TPI and TBI system.

It's challenging to offer a recommendation to replace the Accel DFI gen 7 engine management system. It's also challenging for aftermarket companies to offer "True" Plug-n-Play EFI Engine Management Systems.

A few years ago, I replaced the Holley Stealthram computer with a GM Factory TPI system. The Holley computer had failed, and a replacement Holley computer was over $700. The Holley computer connectors used same connector pins as the GM Factory TPI computer connector pins. Re-pinning the Holley computer connector to a GM computer connector was basically an exercise in reading wiring schematics. The total cost to convert the Holley computer to a Hockey Puck, and "Tune" the GM TPI computer was considerably less than $700! Replacement factory TPI computers are NOT expensive, unique, or a rare find. I admit the TPI "Tune" for the Holley Stealthram required using TunerPro RT software ( $39 suggested donation).

The FAST 302000 system ( https://www.fuelairspark.com/multi-p...-efir-kit.html ) looks promising, but I don't have any personal experience. An advanced search of FAST part number 302000 on gearhead-efi yielded ZERO results.

dave w