Thread: Quick crash course in MAF vs MAP tuning

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quick crash course in MAF vs MAP tuning

Ok latley Ive been helping a few V6 guys with burning chips and tuning on the weekends. I basically have burned a good amount of their chips for fuel milage and a little extra kick with power. Just safe tunes.

Well one of my really good friends has a 1989 305tpi firebird and got the zif adapter and chips. Now since hes a good friend and has no idea of how to tune, I was going to help him datalog and burn a chip of two just to add a little kick to the car and also help his fuel milage as he has a few boldt on mods. Im going to the race track on friday for the weekend, its been a long week....so i just wanted to race but also tune his car a bit, if we get a chance.

The problem is I've never tuned a MAF car before and thats what this car is(165) $6E Mask. Now can anyone just simply explain how to use the VE table values and what are the values on the SA table that go up to 208?? Wow just when I though what I was doing I see a MAF file with the most simple tables but also values I've never seen before. I will continue to search and learn but any added info is always welcome.

Thanks!
    Last edited by fasteddi; 04-27-2012 at 05:04 AM.
    Turbo 3.1/3100 V6 Thirdgen Camaro
    Best 1/4 mile 11.59@119Mph 15psi