Thread: wideband 02 for 7747 and sluggish take off WOT

Fuel Injected!

wideband 02 for 7747 and sluggish take off WOT

Been tuning for a while but still having spots of performance issues, been reading posts for the past 3-4 years and with my newer motor 1yr old pretty good just havnt been able to get the last bit figured out. So I broke down and got a wideband 02. PLX DM-6 SM-AFR Gen4 combo. Have a few questions for integrating it into the 7747 computer. Reading thru posts not sure if I have to change anything in the adx or even what wires on the computer to use.

1. can this o2 take the place of my heated 3 wire o2? or do I leave that and also add the wideband
    2. what if any changes to the adx file are required
    3. are any changes needed in the bin for this to register correctly
    4. do I need it integrated into the computer or can I just datalog from the wideband itself and tune?
    5. what tables or scalers will I be looking to change once I datalog?

I just purchased this tonight so it will be here end of next week.

My truck is a daily driver 88 1500 reg cab reg bed, 357 atk bottom end, vortec heads, cam(.464/.470 114lsa), mid tube headers(hopefully long tube soon) msd 6al and msd coil, bored tbi 50mm, 80#cop car injectors @ 20psi, edelbrouck EPS intake with adaptor for 2in tbi, upgraded trans, 2400 stall, 3.42 gears with 275/60r15, mandrel true duals 2.5in, no H or crossover pipe with borla mufflers, electric fans. If more specs are needed, let me know. My biggest problem is WOT from maybe 1800 to 3200 just seems to be sluggish, flooring it will not roast the tires, not that I really want to because tires have gone up in price so much over the last 10 years. I started with Dave w performance vortec bin and have changed alot and mostly for the good. I can post bin, adx, log if needed if anyone has any thoughts but probably need the wideband logs to really determine whats going on.

Thanks in advance for any help. It is really appreciated.

I have an 88 350 with similar mods, maybe a little more aggressive. Try throwing more spark at it until you get high KCs, then throw in more fuel. This is what I had before I went to the EBL Flash-2 and WBO2 tuning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    Here is my SA and VE. I have 6 degrees set in the dist and also set in the bin. If I raise timing @100kpa between 2400 to 3200 I get knock so that is why it is there, I have not really added much more in the lower rpm in a while, maybe try that tomorrow. My 1/4, half and 3/4 throttle seem good just WOT till about 3200-3600 then starts to scream.

SA and VE.PNG

You can try playing with PE-AFR. Sorry I can't help with your WBO2 in the 7747 which would help tremendously for this stuff.

You're using TunerPro RT right? Take your data log and go to Acquisition/Show History Tables/Knock Accumulator and see where your counts are then concentrate on them 1st. You can work on spark advance too, if you have the BPW and Spark Advance patch applied.

Fuel Injected!
    Ok I have it with 1 or maybe 2 knocks only at WOT and it depends on the fuel pressure. Im in fl so in the am it is around low 70's and fuel pressure is about 20.5 to 21psi and in the afternoon when in the 90's it can go as low as 18.5 but I am usually around 19 - 19.5. For the most part the truck runs good just seems about just before WOT and WOT between 2500 to 3600 it seems a little sluggish. I just got the wideband O2 installed, really does not seem to be a way to datalog to the 7747 from what I can tell. I have a raspberry pi with a 5in touchscreen mounted in the truck running andriod os with tuner pro and hooked into the obd1 for a digital display of the sensors/guages and for datalogging then usb output to my laptop to burn the chips. I put the touchscreen where the radio origionally went, looks very clean.

So I took a little drive once I installed the wideband and seems to cruise 45mph and up at mid 14 afr. When I give gas 1/3 throttle around mid to high 13 afr. WOT is low 12 afr.
    On Deaccell it shoots way up 17+ and sometimes just says lean and no numbers.

So I figure that the higher the number the leaner and lower richer. I want 14.7 cruising I think. Just not sure what I should be looking for at idle, 1/4, 1/3 1/2,3/4 and wot.
    I am also looking to change the FPR to a vacuum pressure regulator because I am right at 1hp per cubic in. I am hoping that will help the temp difference and fuel pressure changing 1-2 psi along with idle getting less fuel.

Has anyone used a vrfpr on a 7747 computer? just wondering how it handled it.
    again thanks in advance for any help.