Thread: Hi there greetings from Houston Texas

Carb and Points!

Hi there greetings from Houston Texas

Looking to start tuning my truck and i started off on the wrong path and maybe get me set strait before i give up in frustration. Working on a 99 Tahoe 5.7 auto that runs great i am wanting to do an overhaul soon but was not wanting simple i wanna go a-bit further and tuning seems the way to go if your gonna dump serious money at parts and cross your fingers it works. I did my reading and for the price the DST seemed the way to go, i know enough about this generation of trucks i am not gonna screw anything up so i thought. I should have turned it in while i still could but i was persistent and got it to work not long after Jet got back with me and said gook luck. So some more digging and tuner cat seems to be what i need to make a file i guess but i dont know where to start on all that either. I spent enough on the jet and willing to go alittle further if someone could tell me what to do. TC was super cool and sent a cal file i tried plugging it in and says corrupted i don't want to bother him with trivial things like compatibility between the DST and tunercat what works and don't work. Its been done for quite some time i gather but the internet has written over it and the needle in the haystack is relevant to my plight. So i am putting out a request for any place i could look for information on getting started I'm a quick study and am not looking to waste anybody's time.

I used EFI Live on a 1999 S10 5.7 liter (L31) conversion. I use TunerCats OBD2 on the S10 also. The 99 S10 computer was upgraded from the Black Box PCM to the LS1 12200411 PCM.

Would your tuning plans include upgrading the 99 Tahoe Black Box PCM to the LS1 12200411 PCM? The 12200411 PCM has substantially better support from Jet.

dave w