Thread: 1320 Electronics ALDL

1320 Electronics ALDL

I'm having trouble getting data with the car running for some reason it works with the car not running i can look see the TPS go up an down when pushing the gas pedal and see voltage but as soon as i start the car it glitches i have tried TunerPro and EEhack both do the same thing car is a 92 camaro LT1 swapped

Make sure all pcm grounds are in place and clean. Make sure the ALDL connector ground pin is connected to a good ground such as the engine block. Also make sure your engine harness isn't positioned close to a plug wire running parallel with it. Either can cause glitches. Check in windows device manager under properties and advanced for the usb/serial device. If it is a FTDI chipset, there is a latency setting there you can lower and it helps in some cases.

Hope this helps,
    Brian

Lower latency multiple time and tested data acquisition in TunerPro and got no cable found

Fuel Injected!
    I am not familiar with that cable but just about every time I have ever had 8192 baud problems was due to electrical noise, mainly msd box stuff but sometimes a noisy alternator that charges just fine, but, I've seen as much as +/- 120v on a 12v system with a scope :( In a pinch I just hang a big capacitor on the system to clean it up. This is my go to and I install it on all my marine projects. It's as big as a coil, lol https://www.tedss.com/2020004815
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Big one is make sure you have resistor spark plugs fitted and carbon leads not copper core leads.and if the usb cable is detachable try another one with a ferrite choke on it

I had the exact same problem with the exact same cable. John at 1320 Electronics is super! Its not the cable, its a problem with the car. He built me a few special cables with extra filters then credited the standard cable towards the Bluetooth version. All my problems disappeared, plus now I can data log with my phone using his app. The Bluetooth ALDL is not as susceptible to ground interference. John has been great through the whole thing so I cant say enough good about his products. He is a member here. His user name is 1320_john. You can contact him on his website too.

I don't think its the car i can't get Tunerpro to connect to the cable

Quote Originally Posted by RallySlow92 View Post
    I'm having trouble getting data with the car running for some reason it works with the car not running...
    I don't think its the car i can't get Tunerpro to connect to the cable
    OK, suit yourself. I have already been through the exact same situation with the same symptoms with the same brand cable and found the answer almost two years ago. It was a ground interference problem that would only show up with the standard cable when the van was running. I could hook up to it fine with the engine off. If you don't think so, by all means, keep doing what ever you need to do.