Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TBI WBO2 Tuning- Dyno Results

TBI WBO2 Tuning- Dyno Results

TBI WBO2 tuning gets a date with the Dyno. +15 HP

Before WBO2 Max AFR 17.5 - 225 HP
    After WBO2 Max AFR 14.3 - 240 HP

The before WBO2 dyno results was before a WBO2 was installed into the TBI system exhaust. (ARF data from Dyno Facility)
    The after WBO2 dyno was after a WBO2 was installed into the TBI system exhaust and the chip "Tuned" with WBO2. The after WBO2 is from the TunerPro RT data log when the TBI system was on the Dyno.

Dyno time is expensive, it would be very interesting to see results with Dyno and WBO2 tuning combined. It's very interesting to see Dyno results using the WBO2 tuning spreadsheet using TunerPro RT daily driving the streets. http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...g)-Spreadsheet

dave w

Conclusion: WBO2 combined with TunerPro RT will OPTIMIZE TBI system PERFORMANCE!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice, what vehicle/engine specs was this? I'm getting ready to install my EBL Flash II with a WBO2 in my 88 C1500 5.7L. Just curious what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingWithTBI View Post
    Nice, what vehicle/engine specs was this? I'm getting ready to install my EBL Flash II with a WBO2 in my 88 C1500 5.7L. Just curious what to expect.
    I'm not sure what to expect with EBL, because EBL has WBO2 tuning included (VE Learns) software. https://www.dynamicefi.com/Tune_Intro.php & https://www.dynamicefi.com/Tune_Intro2.php

dave w

Probably, I'm curious what engine, add-ons, and computer were you tuning? A 6.66% increase in HP by tuning with a WBO2 is impressive!

I think the tread would wander off-topic if I provided the engine specs. I'd like the tread to focus more about WBO2 tuning. Tuning the chip for the correct AFR at WOT is essential for optimal performance. WBO2 tuning the chip for daily driving AFR's is a good plan too.

dave w

Understood, just curious...

Finally just got around to installing some new parts.new acdelco 4 wire heated o2.new knock sensor.new aem wideband o2 wired to read in tunerpro.I can say this.in 10 logs I've gotten a lot closer to feeling right than I ever got with out the o2.it's also left me thinking the tic I hear might be exhaust leak.great tool for tuning and finding other issues.feeling the difference between 14-15 afr at above 60-70kpa to 12.5-13.5afr at same kpa makes u really see what to do to get the response u think your adjustments make.once I get some more time I may try open loop afr tuning to see how far off that is.really wish I'd put thw wbo2 in sooner.
    Jeeper
    87 sjimmy powered by a 92 cadillac 4.9L pfi on 7427pcm /700r4/ 8.8 3.55 rear/disc brakes.

Daily driving tune results. Several data logs combined (with the same chip) showing over 179,000 lines of data in the screen shots.

dave w

The screen shots above are "Closed Loop" averages.

dave w

It looks like you're tuning with PE/AE disabled? I assume you tuned with WOT too?

The WBO2 Excel Spreadsheet is using Average IF formulas.
    Average IF AE = Inactive
    Average IF PE = Inactive
    Average IF PE = Active (for WOT)
    Average IF Closed Loop = Yes
    Average IF Near Idle Flag = Yes (for Near Idle)
    Average If Near Idle Flag = No (for Off Idle)

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Dyno makes life so much easier this was a dirt track car with a v6 block that i road tuned in a paddock with wideband vs an hour on the dyno cleaning up only fueling nearly 40hp gain and 75 ftlb of torque its a huge change to how it drives that's for sure lol leaning it out from 12.5 to 13 gained 1 to 2 hp so I left it at 12.5:1

Fuel Injected!
    I have yet to find big gains dyno tuning anything. I have also yet to see big gains tuning anything with a wideband compared to how I tune off the integrator. I did find about 25 ft/lbs at 1,500 rpm in my Express van years ago but that was purely from the fact that area was not tuned at high load because it never ran at that RPM on the street at high load.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    I have yet to find big gains dyno tuning anything. I have also yet to see big gains tuning anything with a wideband compared to how I tune off the integrator. I did find about 25 ft/lbs at 1,500 rpm in my Express van years ago but that was purely from the fact that area was not tuned at high load because it never ran at that RPM on the street at high load.
    Hmm, would you care to share your Integrator tuner?

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Hmm, would you care to share your Integrator tuner?

dave w
    Fairly easy actually. Disable BLM and use the Integrator to tune the same way you would BLMs. On OBD2, BLM is Long Term and Integrator is Short Term. Delay PE until 90% throttle like the factory Vortec engines and set the RPM to enable PE delay if applicable to 5,000 rpm like the 6.0L LS. Integrator reponds 10x more quickly than BLM. When you enable PE the air/fuel mixture drops right in line where it should be.