Thread: i'm an idiot

Carb and Points!

i'm an idiot

I have a zz502 crate engine w/ 1995 gm tbi and 4l80e . I had a chip burned for it and it's not as god as expected.
    runs rich at idle . bought moates apu1 and have no idea how to download a bbc program and burn chip. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Carb and Points!
    thanks dave
    those are helpful . when i said i'm an idiot i really meant it ( at least when it comes to computers ). I have been a mechanic for 30 years but don't know about finding and downloading bin files, adx , xdf , and how find them in my laptop to transfer to flash and burn programmer. i'm completely lost with this stuff.

Many new members to gearhead-efi, are or were exactly where your at with PC Automotive Tuning skills.

Depending on where you live, Community Colleges will offer PC skill classes that would likely help fill in the gaps you have with a PC. I'm sure there are PC instructors that would welcome the opportunity to bring you up to speed with using a PC for Automotive Tuning. It might be fun to have a professional PC instructor help you with downloading and other things related to using a PC for Automotive Tuning.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    You have a start. You know .bin .xdf .adx which are needed. Have you down loaded tuner pro rt? That would be a good step. Remember everyone had to start somewhere. lots of good help here. There will be times you want to pull your eyeballs out but it will come. With a zz502 that would be incentive to work on it.
    6395, BHDF, 7.4 BBC lightly modded now 6395 BMHM back to BHDF