Thread: Jet flash error

Electronic Ignition!

Jet flash error

Hi guys,I’m using my jet 14005 and trying to read an 04 Silverado 4.8. I can connect the cable and catalog it as well as read the vehicle vin information. When I try to read the pcm and save the tune so I can begin tuning, I get an error that reads:PCM memory read aborted, invalid response from pcm. I got in touch with jet support and they gave me a list of fuses to pull and try to read but none of them helped. I can read my brothers and my f-bodies pcm’s just fine but this truck is throwing me for a loop. Has anyone here seen this issue or have any insight on what to look for? Thanks in advance.

Fuel Injected!
    It could be aftermarket radio or remote start button that buggs the bus. Pulling fuses might help. You `d better don`t flash the pcm untill you find the cause. A bench flash will be the most reliable in that case.

Electronic Ignition!
    We tried pulling a long list of fuses we were given by jet and it didn’t work. The one odd thing is I had a friend with hp tuners hook up to the truck today and he was able to read it.

Carb and Points!
    Kind of sucks having to use Jet, support is few and far between. Jet Flash has bricked 4 of my Pcms now, and I think it's purely because it's ancient software and I'm trying to use windows 10 for it. (yes I changed all the compatibility settings)

I just downloaded oracle virtual machine loading up XP and it works great. Now I just gotta see if it'll brick anymore of my Pcms. Just too much crap going on in the background on 10.

Electronic Ignition!
    I had trouble with it on my windows 7 laptop and had to send the box in to be repaired which they took great care of me on, considering they took care of it after it’s warranty period (which I didn’t know what the period was). I started using an old xp laptop with a serial port so I could do away with the usb to serial adapter and newer os. It works fine on the 2 f-body pcm’s I mess with but this truck is still being a problem. Jet now says it may be a hardware problem with the box and say it’s out of warranty and also that it’s not any cheaper to repair the box than it is to buy a new unit. I really don’t want to have to pay what hp tuners or efi live costs after buying this and the logger as well as viewer, but maybe what’s in the cards.