Thread: M-9353-BB302 Injector Voltage Offset work for sharing/ feedback

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCT_9C1 View Post
    My LT1 idles at about 3.5 msec with stock injectors, which is above the low adder region. The fueling here is also above the 30# injector breakpoint, so the 30#'s would also be on the linear slope and beyond where the low adders are in effect. If only talking idle, I can see how these can be off and still behave. I am still paying attention to getting them right though, since they affect other areas of the tune.
    What are you using to monitor/ log this?

That's one thing that's bothered me- not having a quick reference for commanded usec/pulse across the RPM vs MAP or vs gm/sec airflow range. I could probably extrapolate that with a spot-on set of VE tables for stock and/ or my particular setup. I'll just have to start doing some datalogging and get some actual commanded pulsewidths from idle to rev limit. I'd have imagined that low adders would need to be in effect for a stock engine/ tune, target idle speed of 800RPM (M6) or 800 in gear/ 650 park & neutral (A4). Particularly for stick cars to avoid lean surge/ chugging at idle into launch mode/ acceleration enrichment.

It is also apparent that I need to adjust my MAF tables at this point. The dyno tune I paid for in 2009 used stock, unaltered tables. If it was tuned "appropriately" fat across the board so stock tables worked, I can understand an older school of thought and "it works" way of doing things, but now that I'm trying to accurately model behavior and response I've gone back through and changed a number of things accordingly. Now that I seem to be leaner everywhere, MAF table changes should yield additional benefit. Datalogging now and wideband as soon as feasible are next steps for my own car.

Meanwhile, here's another 47# injector. M-9593-G302. I'll post up the 19# M-9593-C302 a little later.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Here's the older Ford 19# M-9593-C302. It needs offset much further up into the 2ms/ 2000usec range and its breakpoint is later/ higher and its MinPW is notably larger. The BKCOMP and OFFCOMP tables have dips and spikes with slightly odd shapes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I log using EEHack. Injector pulsewidth is on the Dashboard in the fueling block.
    If I want to do something more elaborate than EEHack's built-in functions, I just export the log to a csv file and go from there.

You might be able to get Trimalyzer to do what you want, but I haven't dug into it for that.

Jim
    1995 Caprice 9C1 LT1 - 4.10s, Dynomax Catback, K&N Cold Air Kit, Other Little Stuff
    1996 Caprice 9C1 LT1 - 3.73s, Stock

Fuel Injected!
    I found some stock lsX injectors use negative adder at the low pulse. So instead of adding they substract. Not sure if ee hack can handle negative offset without modifications.
    I guess they flow much more than needed at low pulse widths.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by kur4o View Post
    I found some stock lsX injectors use negative adder at the low pulse. So instead of adding they substract. Not sure if ee hack can handle negative offset without modifications.
    I guess they flow much more than needed at low pulse widths.
    And would flow even more at 3 bar. Clearly some LSX injectors wouldn't be well represented on the 16188051, and probably a great number of others that would otherwise fit physically. Unless it was a pretty wild forced induction build, but that would be better suited for an aftermarket management system anyway.

I'm going to explore some other injectors from Accel, Bosch, maybe a couple of other manufacturers, for the LTX platform with OE PCM. Then I'm going to spend some time with HP Tuners and flesh out its injector characterization and start a library of those for HPT on 411, probably do a separate thread.

That's one thing that's bothered me- not having a quick reference for commanded usec/pulse across the RPM vs MAP or vs gm/sec airflow range.
    You might be able to get Trimalyzer to do what you want, but I haven't dug into it for that.
    Confirmed Trimalyzer supports this - v1.5 makes it easy.
    Thankyou Steveo!

Jim
    1995 Caprice 9C1 LT1 - 4.10s, Dynomax Catback, K&N Cold Air Kit, Other Little Stuff
    1996 Caprice 9C1 LT1 - 3.73s, Stock

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCT_9C1 View Post
    Confirmed Trimalyzer supports this - v1.5 makes it easy.
    Thankyou Steveo!

Jim
    Ahhh... thank you, sir!