Thread: introduction from (to?) California

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    As Sherlock Holmes used to say, the game is afoot.

So I called about the BCWZ, reaching a certain "U Pick U Save" in Anaheim (Orange County, other end of the state). The guy who answered took a message, said another guy would call back. Eventually that guy did and took the 16159280 ECM part number, said he would call back and never did. I called back and the first guy gave me a phone number in Long Beach (south Los Angeles) for a guy named Noe (the contact name Car-Part.com indicated in an acknowledgement e-mail I got after submitting the original inquiry). I called about 4:30 and got a scratchy answering machine with a woman's voice. I think I heard the name "Auto Module Suppliers," that they close at 4, and I could leave a message with a part number. I didn't, figuring I'd call during business hours.

Just now, about a half hour later, Noe called me. Says he worked at "U Pick U Save" for about 9 years, left to start "Auto Module Suppliers" about a year ago, and that "U Pick U Save" is closing out this part of their business and dumping the inventory on him (1000s of parts, he says), which he is due to start receiving tomorrow as it happens. He has my number, and took my name. But told me I might have to call him, as he might forget things.

He did make a point of not just the 16159280 ECM part number, but of asking for the "four letters" which I was happy to provide. This is encouraging, first time I've encountered this level of knowledge, lol.

So we'll see. I don't know these people, the terms are unknown, and I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to give my credit card number. Assuming he finds the ECM and it has the chip.

What have you gotten me into?

NOTE: I guess the Car-Part.com listing would be over a year old, since Noe would have still been at "U Pick U Save" as the contact. Had an extension on the contact phone number.
    Last edited by jiho; 04-16-2019 at 03:37 AM.