Thanks for coming back to me. First that was something I was interested in and will investigate
My tunercat bin wasis $EE not EEb and tunerpro would read the bin just would not edit it. I tried the tunerpro bin on tunercat and it would not read it either. I had just installed a tc update and I thought that might have something to do with it.
The optispark is probably faulty. A couple of years ago I decided to put the optispark inside a conventional small cap hei. When I went to figure it out I went to a friend who had been wrecking out a lot of lt1s and had a bunch of old optisparks around so I took them home and put them on a lt1I had put on tdc and the timing was different on every one of them. Some was as much as eight degrees different. This can make a big difference on how one acts and lt1s are not the easiest engine to check the timing on.
Anyway I built a few of these distributors and am currently working on putting one of them on this engine and using the lt1 electronics on a early small block but I just have not had a chance to yet.
In spite of the possible timing issues I am just wanting to get the ldle / restart problems patched so I can better use the car until I can get ready to get rid of the optispark.

Thanks for the quick response and I have enjoyed and used the great amount of info you and all the other members have contributed
Over the last few years without me having to ask many questions. And I say thanks again.