regarding the knock counter ... I'll not bother with it as it has no particular value toward making the truck run better. As to the other issue "very high battery voltage" I think I agree that it is a software problem. I checked voltage at pin A6, B1 & C16 and found 12.4 at each, although the engine was not running at that moment. I tried a drive test of around 35 miles to see if it would clean up and run right. Alas, no joy! when cold, it would hardly move from a dead stop. just would not take any pedal without the lean spit. Unless stomped wide open, then it would accelerate well until high gear. I was not logging during the drive, but it was definitely lean at freeway cruise. fully warm, it would take off better, but still not smooth. After returning I obtained another pressure gauge and checked fuel pressure at the throttle body inlet. it was a solid 13psi on one tank and 12 1/2 on the other. Voltage was also checked at the relay and at both pumps and was nominal at 12.4 volts. Finally I took a hard look at the injector cone spray pattern and saw a steady dribble from the center of each cone. Cleaning did not improve so I ordered a new pair of injectors. They should be here next week. I hope they do the trick. I'll try to post a log file showing the High Battery reading and the definition file if anyone wants to take a look. I tried to see if I could tell what was going on, but don't have any experience. Anyway, thanks. I'll post the files in my next reply.
Dave