Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB-multiport intake for vortec head 5.7

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Edelbrock just did not wrote a very good program in the chips they shipped. Especially for the 93+ trucks. I have fixed several of them. I also ran a GM TPI with the 7427. I also ran the TPI with an EBL without port fuel mod.
    What exactly is the 'port fuel mod' ?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    I haven't had much luck so for on finding an alternate mpi intake for vortec heads within budget plus the EGR issue, I do have a stock L31 intake that I could upgrade with the mpi injector spider and maybe an intake spacer plate, not sure how much they help? Would this work with my 6395 PCM?
    The L31 marine intake would work with modification and a gen3 style remote EGR valve.

In-Tech might still have one.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfarr67 View Post
    An injector driver modification that RBob sells for the EBL to eliminate peak and hold

Quote Originally Posted by dfarr67 View Post
    Please see attached MPFI Information.zip file. It's a "How To" for converting a 16197427 computer for "port fuel mod".

The EBL System works great for MPFI, but does not control an Electronic Transmission (4L60E / 4L80E).

For the DIY type, converting a 16197427 to MPFI is considerably less expensive than an EBL System, with the added ability to control a 4L60E / 4L80E.

dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Please see attached MPFI Information.zip file. It's a "How To" for converting a 16197427 computer for "port fuel mod".

The EBL System works great for MPFI, but does not control an Electronic Transmission (4L60E / 4L80E).

For the DIY type, converting a 16197427 to MPFI is considerably less expensive than an EBL System, with the added ability to control a 4L60E / 4L80E.

dave w
    I agree with that. However depending on what the plans are the EBL has other functions. 2 bar MAP sensor. VAFPR compensation. Nitrous control. Alpha-N fueling. Lean cruise and more. The datalogging and VE correction are also alot more straight forward. It also has a built-in flash bank that allows you to tune on the go.

I haven't had much luck so for on finding an alternate mpi intake for vortec heads within budget plus the EGR issue, I do have a stock L31 intake that I could upgrade with the mpi injector spider and maybe an intake spacer plate, not sure how much they help? Would this work with my 6395 PCM?
    Yes, the MPFI conversion will work with 6395 PCM. I'm using the MPI Spider on my stock L31 powered 99 S10 pickup, they work fine. I don't have experience with the spacer plate for the stock L31 intake.

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    I agree with that. However depending on what the plans are the EBL has other functions. 2 bar MAP sensor. VAFPR compensation. Nitrous control. Alpha-N fueling. Lean cruise and more. The datalogging and VE correction are also alot more straight forward. It also has a built-in flash bank that allows you to tune on the go.
    I still have the discontinued flash switcher.
    Robert has been very good answering questions. And I think it is worth mentioning that PnP is attractive to some people.

The L31 marine intake would work with modification and a gen3 style remote EGR valve.

In-Tech might still have one.

Thought about that but my usual ebay, craigslist searches only find the 4.3 or the carbed versions for 5.7.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Yes, the MPFI conversion will work with 6395 PCM. I'm using the MPI Spider on my stock L31 powered 99 S10 pickup, they work fine. I don't have experience with the spacer plate for the stock L31 intake.

dave w
    I may end up going this route or something close to it. I even considered using the MPI spider with a few modifications to fit in the nitrous bosses of my air gap intake. Would have to look closer at it to see if it would be feasible, or if I could even get the injectors to spray in the rite direction but it would be an interesting setup.

Fuel Injected!
    I may end up going this route or something close to it. I even considered using the MPI spider with a few modifications to fit in the nitrous bosses of my air gap intake. Would have to look closer at it to see if it would be feasible, or if I could even get the injectors to spray in the rite direction but it would be an interesting setup.

Did you ever find anything?

I am considering selling my Edelbrock 3505 Vortec MPFI intake and Holley 670 throttle body and running something that self learns.

Administrator
    I am considering selling my Edelbrock 3505 Vortec MPFI intake and Holley 670 throttle body and running something that self learns.

The original self-learning power management system:

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by TNoutdoorsman View Post
    Did you ever find anything?

Why not OBD2/0411 swap that intake setup?

Fuel Injected!
    Why not OBD2/0411 swap that intake setup?
    I discussed that with Dave w but I don't have time to learn to tune on top of everything else I have going on

Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Hoping to have a little fun with this picture ... "No matter how well the learning process goes" ... the end result will only be one horsepower.

dave w