Bringing TBI and Multi Port Fuel Injection to a New Level.     EFI Conversions and Tuning! Seattle to Portland! E-mail Tuning Consultant!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: WTB-multiport intake for vortec head 5.7

  1. #16
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Edelbrock just did not wrote a very good program in the chips they shipped. Especially for the 93+ trucks. I have fixed several of them. I also ran a GM TPI with the 7427. I also ran the TPI with an EBL without port fuel mod.
    What exactly is the 'port fuel mod' ?

  2. #17
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Euless, TX
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    I haven't had much luck so for on finding an alternate mpi intake for vortec heads within budget plus the EGR issue, I do have a stock L31 intake that I could upgrade with the mpi injector spider and maybe an intake spacer plate, not sure how much they help? Would this work with my 6395 PCM?
    The L31 marine intake would work with modification and a gen3 style remote EGR valve.

    In-Tech might still have one.

  3. #18
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Euless, TX
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by dfarr67 View Post
    What exactly is the 'port fuel mod' ?
    An injector driver modification that RBob sells for the EBL to eliminate peak and hold

  4. #19
    Super Moderator dave w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,264
    Quote Originally Posted by dfarr67 View Post
    What exactly is the 'port fuel mod' ?
    Please see attached MPFI Information.zip file. It's a "How To" for converting a 16197427 computer for "port fuel mod".

    The EBL System works great for MPFI, but does not control an Electronic Transmission (4L60E / 4L80E).

    For the DIY type, converting a 16197427 to MPFI is considerably less expensive than an EBL System, with the added ability to control a 4L60E / 4L80E.

    dave w
    Attached Files Attached Files

  5. #20
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Euless, TX
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Please see attached MPFI Information.zip file. It's a "How To" for converting a 16197427 computer for "port fuel mod".

    The EBL System works great for MPFI, but does not control an Electronic Transmission (4L60E / 4L80E).

    For the DIY type, converting a 16197427 to MPFI is considerably less expensive than an EBL System, with the added ability to control a 4L60E / 4L80E.

    dave w
    I agree with that. However depending on what the plans are the EBL has other functions. 2 bar MAP sensor. VAFPR compensation. Nitrous control. Alpha-N fueling. Lean cruise and more. The datalogging and VE correction are also alot more straight forward. It also has a built-in flash bank that allows you to tune on the go.

  6. #21
    Super Moderator dave w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    I haven't had much luck so for on finding an alternate mpi intake for vortec heads within budget plus the EGR issue, I do have a stock L31 intake that I could upgrade with the mpi injector spider and maybe an intake spacer plate, not sure how much they help? Would this work with my 6395 PCM?
    Yes, the MPFI conversion will work with 6395 PCM. I'm using the MPI Spider on my stock L31 powered 99 S10 pickup, they work fine. I don't have experience with the spacer plate for the stock L31 intake.

    dave w

  7. #22
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    I agree with that. However depending on what the plans are the EBL has other functions. 2 bar MAP sensor. VAFPR compensation. Nitrous control. Alpha-N fueling. Lean cruise and more. The datalogging and VE correction are also alot more straight forward. It also has a built-in flash bank that allows you to tune on the go.
    I still have the discontinued flash switcher.
    Robert has been very good answering questions. And I think it is worth mentioning that PnP is attractive to some people.

  8. #23
    Fuel Injected! Jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    The L31 marine intake would work with modification and a gen3 style remote EGR valve.

    In-Tech might still have one.

    Thought about that but my usual ebay, craigslist searches only find the 4.3 or the carbed versions for 5.7.

  9. #24
    Fuel Injected! Jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Yes, the MPFI conversion will work with 6395 PCM. I'm using the MPI Spider on my stock L31 powered 99 S10 pickup, they work fine. I don't have experience with the spacer plate for the stock L31 intake.

    dave w
    I may end up going this route or something close to it. I even considered using the MPI spider with a few modifications to fit in the nitrous bosses of my air gap intake. Would have to look closer at it to see if it would be feasible, or if I could even get the injectors to spray in the rite direction but it would be an interesting setup.

  10. #25
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    I may end up going this route or something close to it. I even considered using the MPI spider with a few modifications to fit in the nitrous bosses of my air gap intake. Would have to look closer at it to see if it would be feasible, or if I could even get the injectors to spray in the rite direction but it would be an interesting setup.

    Did you ever find anything?

    I am considering selling my Edelbrock 3505 Vortec MPFI intake and Holley 670 throttle body and running something that self learns.

  11. #26
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lakes Region, NH
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,235
    I am considering selling my Edelbrock 3505 Vortec MPFI intake and Holley 670 throttle body and running something that self learns.

    The original self-learning power management system:

  12. #27
    Super Moderator dave w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,264
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    The original self-learning power management system:


    dave w

  13. #28
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Euless, TX
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by TNoutdoorsman View Post
    Did you ever find anything?

    I am considering selling my Edelbrock 3505 Vortec MPFI intake and Holley 670 throttle body and running something that self learns.
    Why not OBD2/0411 swap that intake setup?

  14. #29
    Fuel Injected!
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Why not OBD2/0411 swap that intake setup?
    I discussed that with Dave w but I don't have time to learn to tune on top of everything else I have going on

  15. #30
    Super Moderator dave w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,264
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    The original self-learning power management system:
    Hoping to have a little fun with this picture ... "No matter how well the learning process goes" ... the end result will only be one horsepower.

    dave w

Similar Threads

  1. Newb here, building TBI-vortec head, 383
    By Daveo91 in forum GM EFI Systems
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2018, 05:26 PM
  2. Vortec Head swap on my '92 TBI 350. Tuning questions.
    By jdyates in forum GM EFI Systems
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 09-22-2016, 05:50 AM
  3. vortec head 89 tbi engine
    By 2424 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-23-2016, 07:18 PM
  4. Vortec head 355 TBI
    By dmsdak in forum GM EFI Systems
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2015, 05:58 PM
  5. 4.0L HO Head and 2004 Tuned Port MPFI Intake DIS Distributor
    By EagleMark in forum Buy - Sell - Trade - Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 01:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •