Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vortech, 502 mag 525hp manifolds

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    Ah Heck, here I am at the shop at 2:15 in the morn, gotta get a bit of work done. Here's some pics of the scorpion. Turning the top around is possible but will take a bit of work. The factory setup used a 2 wire ford type IAC so that would have to be blocked off to turn it around. Also, once turned around you would need to drill and tap the base as some of the bolt holes won't line up. Not that big a deal but would have to be addressed. Also the 90mm TB doesn't have an IAC provision so you would have to run an external IAC adapter. Next time I am over there I will take a pic of one and post. Basically a hose will go to the adapter which is billet aluminum and a stock gm IAC bolts to it.

I hate bog the forum down with too much bandwidth on pictures so please PM with email address and I will try to get any more info and pics to anyone that way. As for the TB pics, I really need to remove them and measure with a dial caliper and I will another time.
    One of the major EFI companies, Holley or the like makes a Ford IAC to GM IAC adapter that lets you mount a GM IAC to a Ford engine.

Thanks for the pictures on that. When I looked at it closer its not something I could make work in my application because the throttle body and all the oil fill and dipstick tubes would be fighting for the same space.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty-Z View Post
    I would be interested in one (or more) of the 525 MAG BBC intakes if the price is right .

Are these complete with TB and fuel rails / injectors ?

P/M on here or email tomsnastyz@yahoo.com with pics and price .

Thanks

TOM
    Pics sent to your email.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya folks,
    The vortec intakes are $300 ea. plus freight and again, I will clean the injectors(in house) before shipment. Keep in mind these are cast iron so they are heavy. Freight will be actual cost. Looks like we are going to keep the scorpion intakes and 1 525hp manifold. There are 3 of us in our ~17,000 sq ft shop and me and Peter are partners on the intakes since we both did those blower installs. I haven't gotten him to nail down a price on the 525hp intakes yet(I was told I was too cheap) but hopefully by tomorrow morning. Any questions or additional pictures needed, let me know. Thanks all.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    One of the major EFI companies, Holley or the like makes a Ford IAC to GM IAC adapter that lets you mount a GM IAC to a Ford engine.

Thanks for the pictures on that. When I looked at it closer its not something I could make work in my application because the throttle body and all the oil fill and dipstick tubes would be fighting for the same space.
    Hey Fast355, thanks for that, once you mentioned it I do remember seeing those now.
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Since I am digging stuff out. I have a 3 bolt 90mm TB if anyone needs one. I'll give it away to you folks here for $100 plus $15 medium box usps priority mail, otherwise I'll actually clean it and put it on ebay for $200, lol
    These things just don't exist. I used to keep them around for blower stuff. You have to cut/grind the linkage off a stock TB and then install on this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya folks,
    The vortec intakes are $300 ea. plus freight and again, I will clean the injectors(in house) before shipment. Keep in mind these are cast iron so they are heavy. Freight will be actual cost. Looks like we are going to keep the scorpion intakes and 1 525hp manifold. There are 3 of us in our ~17,000 sq ft shop and me and Peter are partners on the intakes since we both did those blower installs. I haven't gotten him to nail down a price on the 525hp intakes yet(I was told I was too cheap) but hopefully by tomorrow morning. Any questions or additional pictures needed, let me know. Thanks all.
    I am interested in the dual plane if it is included in the Vortecs. What part of the world are you located in?

Fuel Injected!
    I am in Fresno, CA and yes, $300 for that one too. I only have the one of those and sold one of the other vortec's already(The stock truck type looking manifold with the TB towards the front.
    Thanks,
    -Carl
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Fast I tried to send you a pm but your box is full.lol
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Fast I tried to send you a pm but your box is full.lol
    I cleaned out my mailbox sir.

Fuel Injected!
    Here's a couple more pics of the dual plane vortec intake. I cleaned it up with some purple power and pulled the injectors to clean them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Here's a couple more pics of the dual plane vortec intake. I cleaned it up with some purple power and pulled the injectors to clean them.
    Looks good to me sir.

I will try to sit down and make a paypal account tonight to send you the funds for it.

I have been pulling some long days at work this week as well as getting stuff together to be in my brothers wedding this weekend.

I saw your PM, just have not had a chance to respond. I cannot seem to access my PMs here from my phone only on a desktop.

Fuel Injected!
    No worries, take your time :)
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    No worries, take your time :)
    Thread bump for the OP. My marine dual plane EFI intake arrived today. Well packed and as advertised. I would not hesitate to make furture purchases from Carl. Thanks again sir!

Only thing is it now might even cost me more $$$. I am considering a 4bbl to 102mm intake elbow and a DBC 102mm TB. My ported heads have 215cc intake runners, flow 290 cfm and want to breathe, lol. The Marine TB and adapter are nice pieces but adapting them to my setup will likely present more of a challenge than using the above mentioned parts. Hot Rodding is an addiction for me. Knowing me and my lack of spare time, I might even have Lloyd Elliot take a stab at port matching it to the heads he ported for me.
    Last edited by Fast355; 04-26-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya, glad it showed up. I worry about those heavy packages. I found another dual plane intake(I think I mentioned we have a little over 17,000 sq ft shop and a lot of crapola :) ) This one doesn't have the throttle body and just tonight I placed an elbow on it and a billet TB and thought exactly as you did. Shoot this might be really cool for a low rise.

So, for anyone else interested, I have one dual plane vortec left and 1 of the stocker looking vortec intakes left, no, wait, I found another one of those too so, 2 of the stocker looking ones. The really cool part about these are the external injectors instead of the stock "spider".

The suck is, they are pretty heavy since they are cast iron and a pain in the ass to package, lol. Freight can be a bit pricey due to the weight. :(
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    The last dual plane vortec has been gone for a bit(Thank you). I still have the two regular style vortec with the external injectors and 1 new 525 hp BBC square port intake for sale. Offers/trade are welcome. I'm not sure I need anything for trade but ya never know and if offer is too low, I'll politely decline. :)

Thanks again for the help getting rid of stuff to good homes.
    -Carl
    -Carl