I ended up with a cracked head after 3 years on my vortec headed tbi in my Willys Jeep. Heads were a set of EQ CH350C's that were on a burned to a crisp L31 from a junkyard. Heads hadn't given any sign of problems until the other day and I noticed some steam from driver side exhaust. Hadn't been losing coolant nor had engine been hot. Bought a new set of Promax 2151's and they are installed. I have been wanting to convert to MPFI for a while now. I have a couple complete L31 intake assemblies and also have a complete TPI setup with a new Vortec base. I run $0D with a 16197427 in the Jeep. Engine is a 350 with 4 valve relief flat tops and a Howards 180245-10 cam .500"/.510 225/230 @0.050 . Engine ran good with TBI but started pulling a vacuum above 4000 rpm at WOT. SBC TBI didn't flow enough. I would like some opinions on TPI vs L31 setups. Cam power range is advertised as 1800-5400 rpm. With TBI, it was really easy to hit the 6375 max rev limiter in lower gears in the Jeep. Which intake would you choose given the choice? Mainly the Jeep is driven on the highway. Some offroad . I got 19.5 mpg on highway trips with TBI driving sensibly. I don't want to kill the higher rpm power it has now but still would like to go MPFI. Any thoughts ?

Thanks for any input,
Brian