Thread: bin file for lt4 hot cam in tpi. 1227730 pcm 700r4 trans.

Carb and Points!

bin file for lt4 hot cam in tpi. 1227730 pcm 700r4 trans.

i am looking for a good starter bin file for my tpi swapped car to get started. its just a tpi with lt4 hot cam and 7730 pcm. i dont know what the pcm came out of. id like a good starter file so i can run it at start data logging. it does run right now. no power, pig rich, and no timing. i have the capability to make changes but im in a time chrunch and was hoping for a good starter file. thanks

Fuel Injected!
    730 is from 90-92 F-body.

Fuel Injected!
    I don't know the rules here so I am not sure bin begging is allowed, lol

Here ya go, should be a decent start.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    I don't know the rules here so I am not sure bin begging is allowed, lol

Here ya go, should be a decent start.
    Im not normally a begger lol. I appreciate it. Like i said im in a time crunch. Ive got 1 weekend to get a car to a cruise

Fuel Injected!
    I've been doing this since the 90's and I sorta remember at some of the sites there was some kinda rule about asking for non stock bin files and since I am fairly new to this great site I just don't want to upset the powers that be so if I did, I apologize. I hope the file I posted gets you close. Nowadays I only seem to get 3-4 "chip" projects a year and that one is from quite a few years ago but from memory it was a fairly stock 350 with the LT4 cam. I didn't open the file to check what injectors it was tuned for so make sure it matches what you have or adjust accordingly. Good luck and if you don't mind, let me/us know how it goes.
    -Carl
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    Will do. Thanks again.

Fuel Injected!
    I also have a file from a recently tuned car if that one does not work out.

The car I worked with had a 10:1 350 with Dart 180cc heads, LT4 Hotcam, 1.6:1 rockers and a stock TPI system with LT1 24 lb/hr injectors. Shorty headers and dual 2.5" exhaust. It is a Super AUJP 4 modified .bin as well not a factory based .bin. It was dialed in with both the narrow band o2 and a wideband 02.

Fuel Injected!
    Post it up
    -Carl

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    I've been doing this since the 90's and I sorta remember at some of the sites there was some kinda rule about asking for non stock bin files and since I am fairly new to this great site I just don't want to upset the powers that be so if I did, I apologize. I hope the file I posted gets you close. Nowadays I only seem to get 3-4 "chip" projects a year and that one is from quite a few years ago but from memory it was a fairly stock 350 with the LT4 cam. I didn't open the file to check what injectors it was tuned for so make sure it matches what you have or adjust accordingly. Good luck and if you don't mind, let me/us know how it goes.
    -Carl
    Hi Carl,

Thanks for posting that. You and I were on one of those early boards together. I can remember how bent out of shape members were at times. Back then tuning software was hard to get, each location in a .bin was treated like Blackbeard's treasure, and egos got out of hand pretty quickly. We really don't have much of that here. The biggest issue I can remember is when a disassembly and matching definition were posted that a pro-tuner claimed was his own. Those files were removed because the poster couldn't provide backup documentation. Anyone who's worked on a disassembly will have notes, files, something. So, thanks for posting that file. :)

Shannen

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya Shannen,
    Yeah the old majordomo days at ohio state were good days back when we didn't have software and altering was done in hex and either disable the checksum or re-calc which wasn't too bad. Shoot, I still use hex workshop all the time. Good to hear from ya. :)
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy61vette View Post
    Will do. Thanks again.
    How did your project go?
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1project2many View Post
    Hi Carl,

Thanks for posting that. You and I were on one of those early boards together. I can remember how bent out of shape members were at times. Back then tuning software was hard to get, each location in a .bin was treated like Blackbeard's treasure, and egos got out of hand pretty quickly. We really don't have much of that here. The biggest issue I can remember is when a disassembly and matching definition were posted that a pro-tuner claimed was his own. Those files were removed because the poster couldn't provide backup documentation. Anyone who's worked on a disassembly will have notes, files, something. So, thanks for posting that file. :)

Shannen
    I thought the entire point of gearhead EFI was to freely post and share all the info available with others. I remember back in 2014 when I got ran off of b******planet for asking for a starting bin for converting my old Jeep 4.2l to EFI and EagleMark (god rest his soul) referred me to this forum and really helped me.