Thread: Wild O2 sensor swings?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Wild O2 sensor swings?

I'm getting some wild O2 swings in my data files, what does it mean when output is less than 100 mV? I'm thinking these swings may have something to do with the low speed and decel surging I'm experiencing - they seem to match up time wise in the log file. Would anyone be willing to take a look? It's a long file, but some of my worst surging was around 1400 seconds in, if you want to go straight there? Anything else amiss in this file that could be causing surging, especially at decel?

I read in another post that this problem could be caused by a small exhaust leak, allowing fresh air to be pulled in on decel only. Well, I had a custom y-pipe made some time ago and frankly I've had a lot of exhaust leaks since then. Unfortunately I have been back to him about four times now due to pinhole leaks in welds. And I know there is yet another one - I'm hoping to get it taken care of this weekend - but it is downstream from the O2 sensor. But perhaps there is still another leak upstream that I'm missing. I've duct-taped my shop vac to the tail pipe to help find leaks once before, I plan to try that again.

Well any advice anyone can give based on log file or anything else would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files