Thread: 1227747 with DEKA injectors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Electronic Ignition!

1227747 with DEKA injectors

Hi there,

I'm using the Affordable Fuel Injection TBI injector tree which is using 2 Deka 840cc@43.5 psi injectors. (80#)

I'm using a BPW spreadsheet to calculate what my BPW should be and it gives me ~134 which is close to the BPW I see in most of the stock bins for a relatively stock GM 7.4L. I'm running a moates emulator to start the engine and I can only get the engine to idle with 165 BPW, 65 psi, and the fuel table in the 50% range. This doesn't quite seem right given that many of these engines seem to do fine with 80lb injectors running with much less fuel pressure. It just seems to want much more fuel than expected and make me think something is not right.

I wonder if there are some injector settings in the BIN that I might be overlooking given that these injectors are quite different than the originals? I see posts about injector voltage bias, and PW, but am not familiar enough with those to know if that's what I need to adjust.

Appreciate any pointers.
    Brian

Is this what you have? See link: https://www.ebay.com/i/252865497725?chn=ps

Seemingly AFI should have the injector parameters you need? I can't imagine why AFI would not have the parameters you need?

dave w

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Is this what you have? See link: https://www.ebay.com/i/252865497725?chn=ps

Seemingly AFI should have the injector parameters you need? I can't imagine why AFI would not have the parameters you need?

dave w
    AFI can provide tuners with the injector characteristics required for your calibration.....

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak View Post
    AFI can provide tuners with the injector characteristics required for your calibration.....
    i did get some info, but I’m not sure if it is directly applicable to the 7747 ECM. I’ve been able to make some guesses on which data can be directly input into tunerpro. I’m not a total noob with tuning but I somewhat am in this case.

Theres a voltage offset set and what looks like a minimum pulse width. I guess I could directly ask if they have any mapping available for the 7747. Seems like such an obvious question now that I think about it. Here’s what I did find for info:

http://www.siemensdeka.com/wp-conten...t-Brochure.jpg

Interesting Data in the link above.

Injector flow is based on 300 Kilo Pascals = 43.5 PSI = 80 lb/hr. Factory TBI injectors flow is based on 13 PSI

Perhaps the Base Pulse Width (BPW) needs re-calculated with 43.5 PSI fuel pressure?

Deka Injector Impedance = 12 Ohms. Factory TBI injectors are about 2 Ohms of Impedance.

The 1227747 Injector Driver (electronics) might not be a good match for the 12 Ohm Impedance Deka Injector?

dave w

Electronic Ignition!
    Deka Injector Impedance = 12 Ohms. Factory TBI injectors are about 2 Ohms of Impedance.

The 1227747 Injector Driver (electronics) might not be a good match for the 12 Ohm Impedance Deka Injector?

dave w
    That’s entirely possible. By changing the injector pulse width vs voltage and minimum injector pulse width to that on the chart I’ve gotten it to run OK above idle (BLM’s in closed loop are able to be adjusted to stay around 128) Now the idle doesn’t want to settle down below about 1000 RPM and the IAC count is over 100. I’m wondering if the minimum pulse width or injector bias is a little too much and maybe I should turn that down to see if I can get less fuel at idle?

dave w

I'm with Dave here, has this been proven to work with 7747 or 7427 ECM/PCMs?
    89 K1500 Scottsdale 5.7L 5spd 3:42 RamJet cam Dart iron TBI heads 427 PCM swap
    95 C2500 Cheyenne 6.5L turbo diesel 4L80e 4:10 DB2-4911 Manual pump conversion 0411 PCM trans control 2Bar COS
    05 Outback XT 2.5L turbo gas auto