Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TBI vacuum leak at manifold

Fuel Injected!
    I got my engine machinist to tap the two holes and put Allen head grub screws in there, then he staked around them so they wouldn't come out.
    I don't now how critical it really is, it just looked like it made sense to me.
    I bought the plate to block off the EGR and also had to block off the hole on the opposite side that also looked related to EGR, you can buy a genuine part to block it off but once again for that particular part the shipping to NZ was quite a lot so I go the machinist to make something, I suspect I didn't save much in the end.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitch View Post
    I looked at trying to add a hose from the salad bowl to the rocker cover but in the end I just fitted a breather into the rocker cover.
    Not to get too off topic, but I went a little different way with mine back in the day. Running a mass air flow sensor on the TBI and used a Caddy intake bonnet that had a built in power bowl.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    In the photo it looks like you're running the PCV valve off the housing above the TBI unit?

Fuel Injected!
    PCV is hooked onto the adapter plate (manifold vac). The line off the air cleaner/bonnet generally goes to the other valve cover.

Fuel Injected!
    I built mine today and got it installed. There's a store called Tuesday Morning near us that sells discount home goods - set of four metal mixing bowls for $11.99. I got the second biggest one and my wife got the other three. The one I used nested perfectly under one of the ring insets of the OEM air cleaner's base. And I cut out the overhang of the base so the transition is smooth and I have the biggest opening possible into the mixing bowl. I went ahead and drilled a hole for the PCV breather tube in the mixing bowl. I had all the parts to do that and I would have had to go buy a valve cover breather so I thought I might as well. And I cut the bottom flange off the choke ring, leaving about 1/8" to 1/4" of the ring, and then installed that into the base of the mixing bowl, in the hole that I had cut out. Gave the something to rest on at the TB and also gave it rigidity, it was pretty flimsy with its bottom cut out!

IMG_6032.jpgIMG_6035.jpgIMG_6036.jpgIMG_6042.jpgIMG_6041.jpg
    Last edited by Daveo91; 03-17-2019 at 09:27 AM.

If we're not careful, between all the salad bowls we've cut up and Chris' bowl pirated off of a Caddy, we're going to run Hypertech out of the market for those TBI powerchargers!

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by CDeeZ View Post
    If we're not careful, between all the salad bowls we've cut up and Chris' bowl pirated off of a Caddy, we're going to run Hypertech out of the market for those TBI powerchargers!