Thread: aldl to bluetooth

Fuel Injected!

aldl to bluetooth

Hi all , I made usb adld cable the easy way posted by someone on here and its great tuner pro and aldldroid both read fine , however looking at using bluetooth o do the same for builing digital dash and wondered if anyone on here had any luck building one? I have seen the redriver and 1320 aldl bluetooth devices and know I would have to import them to uk but looking at instructions for use they both say hc05 is the paired device and the bluetooth serial hco5 is £3.50 here but that only accepts 3.3v on rx and beleive aldl uses 5v? I have tried hooking one up but aldldroid just states incorrect response from ecu so guessing the voltage is an issue with rx?

any input apreciated
    Thanks

Fuel Injected!
    The main problem with this bluetooth devices is the baud rate. I did make some experiments with one HC-06. You can hook it straight to pcm on the tx and rx side tied but you will get garbish data due to non standart baud rate. The Hc-06 can`t support 8192 baud out of the box. I found some instruction how to change the firmware through a parallel port and some resistors on these, but its not for the novice user.

If you found way to change the baud on the HC-06 to 8192, it should work as is. You will only need to supply 5v power supply.

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks Kur4o ,I thought it was probably the baud rate . I've been searching around and found some info on a Fiero forum saying that they had bought the redriver Bluetooth aldl and wasn't working so they opened it up and its actually an Arduino mega inside the case. done a little more reseach and seems to make sence as has multiple serial ports and fdti chip on board too so only thing that would need doing to connect hco5 is drop the voltage for serial data as mega outputs 5v and rt rx on hc05 and hc06 are 3.3v but that's simple enough so may have a go