Thread: Remote oil filter kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroked 388 View Post
    Is there any recommendations on a remote oil filter kit for a 94 TA LT1.
    I've also been toying with the idea recently of remote mounting with a cooler provision for my 95 Y body. Seems like the parts are out there but the prices get astronomical quickly depending on how exotic you want to get. For me I wanted a dual filter setup without bypass and the provision for a cooler. In the end I came to the conclusion I could probably make my own cheaper than buying something race-ready.

So I suppose I'm inclined to ask what you're wanting to accomplish and why.

After pricing what I wanted, I came to the realization that good quality synthetic oil coupled with a non-bypass adapter that lets you use a 3.75" OD filter such as a PF35 sized package (if you have room for it) and a functional cooling system (engine coolant, not oil) should be more than adequate for most street applications.

The S-10 stuff 57 Handyman speaks of were on all 4wd S-10 variants with the 4.3 v6. I believe the filter adapters on these only accept the smaller 2.75" PF52 size filters if that matters to you.

Quote Originally Posted by spfautsch View Post
    I've also been toying with the idea recently of remote mounting with a cooler provision for my 95 Y body. Seems like the parts are out there but the prices get astronomical quickly depending on how exotic you want to get. For me I wanted a dual filter setup without bypass and the provision for a cooler. In the end I came to the conclusion I could probably make my own cheaper than buying something race-ready.

So I suppose I'm inclined to ask what you're wanting to accomplish and why.

After pricing what I wanted, I came to the realization that good quality synthetic oil coupled with a non-bypass adapter that lets you use a 3.75" OD filter such as a PF35 sized package (if you have room for it) and a functional cooling system (engine coolant, not oil) should be more than adequate for most street applications.

The S-10 stuff 57 Handyman speaks of were on all 4wd S-10 variants with the 4.3 v6. I believe the filter adapters on these only accept the smaller 2.75" PF52 size filters if that matters to you.
    My plan was to get more room to run a bigger filter possibly 2. I do run full synthetic. The filter I have on it now is flow restricted