Greetings to you all!
I've recently become the proud owner of a '93 Silverado pick-up truck. She has a 502 in there and an Accel supercharger, for the most part this is all good news. The problem however is that what I believe to be the ECM or perhaps what I should refer to as the DFI is 'apparently' of the PROM/EPROM type and according to someone who is more informed than me it dates back to 1987. Now if this is true, how would I go about diagnosing or possibly re-writing the contents of the Accel DFI? I was told I'd need a 386 or 486 computer and that it should be a portable one. This is slightly silly but still feasible, if I'd find the appropiate software then I'd be willing to try this approach. Does anyone have any feedback or possibly other suggestions? or perhaps someone has an alternative EFI system that's compatible with an early Accel air intake/super?
Any suggestions are welcome and will be much appreciated! If anyone likes, I'll happily provide photos of the on-board computers/wiring as well as of the truck or the engine & air-intake.
Thank you all in advance for your time & effort!