Thread: Thanks for the invite

Carb and Points!

Thanks for the invite

Sure is a lot of info around here it makes ones mind hurt.
    Few questions. Hope it's OK to post here. I have a 71 c10 350 installed a 700r 3:73 gears. I am robbing tbi system from an 88 c10 305 700r. My trans is stand alone, no emissions, em I have is 1227747 ABFY. Any info on what I can delete be great, or anything else.
    Thanks Bob.

Welcome Bob,
    I have an '88 5.7 with7747 too , running AMUS bin with 700r4 (4,10 gears) and TCC. Your 305 injectors will be a little wimpy for the 350. I'm guessing your '88 donor is a C1500 (I thought C10 was a square body, 87 - )? You have options like EGR delete, and Hiway Lean Cruise in "patches" among other tuning stuff in scalars and tables. Lots of good info in this forum, enjoy.

Carb and Points!
    Yeah your correct c1500. All this new to me. So I'm still rounding up all I'll need. Thanks. Where's the best info on what wires I'll need to junk on the harness.

I had considered thinning my harness after engine swap and was glad I didn't remove wires after because they can be used for other functions.I use the power wire from the evrv egr plug for my heated o2.saved me running any wires.also the Grey wire for egr can be used for wide band o2.just remove from ecm connector.it's nice having wires already in place for other stuff.I taped what is not in use to the harness for possible later upgrades etc.no wire to run or holes to poke.
    Jeeper
    87 sjimmy powered by a 92 cadillac 4.9L pfi on 7427pcm /700r4/ 8.8 3.55 rear/disc brakes.