Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEWBIE 93 Z71 vortec

Electronic Ignition!
    I have been frantically reading through Jimmie's post about his 94 chevy pickup and trying to learn from his conversations. my lord there is so much information on here to soak in!

Dave, now I can see all of the information!!! so the XDF file that I downloaded from the CODE59 website didn't like it?? the XDF file lets tunerpro read the information in the bins, what does the ADX file do?

another question, are the 27sf512 chips re-writable? or is it once and done?
    Yes, they can be flashed 1,000s of times and retain memory for 100 years according to literature I've read. I bought 5 on Ebay for $25 and have been tuning my truck with them for a while. Just be careful of Chinese "fake" chips...

http://support.moates.net/fake-27sf512-chips/

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzukiz440 View Post
    The duration is 258 intake, 264 exhaust.
    Ahhh...are those advertised...should known it was a roller grind. Fast355 would chime in saying that cam is not huge at all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzukiz440 View Post
    Dave, now I can see all of the information!!! so the XDF file that I downloaded from the CODE59 website didn't like it?? the XDF file lets tunerpro read the information in the bins, what does the ADX file do?

another question, are the 27sf512 chips re-writable? or is it once and done?
    Post 1 you said you figured out how to datalog...adx is used with TPRTs datalogger.

Start with the stickie if you havent... http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...to-New-and-Old
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 02-28-2019 at 08:25 AM. Reason: dyslexic

The .xdf is similar to Make / Model / Year / Engine / Transmission.

The 27SF512 is re-writeable

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by stew86MCSS396 View Post
    Ahhh...are those advertised...should known it was a roller grind. Fast355 would chime in saying that cam is not huge at all!!!
    Yep I would and certainly will now that I saw this! Looks like the Comp 08-500-8 aka XR258HR and I am guessing it is on a 112 LSA and 108 ICL. If so that is a small cam but a fairly good choice for that engine.

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks all for the info and thanks Dave for those BIN files. I had to bsck tbe timing tables down from 48 degrees!!!! Haha it was PING CITY during the first test. I pulled the timing back to a max of 34 degrees and WOW!!! It still goes lean when i crack the throttle for just a second, so i need to play with the fuel tables a bit. What do you think i should have my fuel pressure set at? I’m at 16 psi now, i do not have a wide band O2 sensor. I’m just going off of the millivolts from the stock O2 sensor and at first throttle crack it drops to less than 100mv then once it comes out of it’s stumble it goes to 7~800 mv. What table should i change the fueling in? The Timing was obvious, the fuel i’m not sure on...

thanks for the help!
    Bobby

I’m just going off of the millivolts from the stock O2 sensor and at first throttle crack it drops to less than 100mv then once it comes out of it’s stumble it goes to 7~800 mv. What table should i change the fueling in? The Timing was obvious, the fuel i’m not sure on...
    You can give it a quick shot of fuel in the AE-TPS PW(Acceleration Enrichment) and the AE-MAP PW for a longer shot.

Last edited by PlayingWithTBI; 03-02-2019 at 05:06 AM. Reason: attach picks

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks, i’ll give those a try, i fugured there was a certain table for thst, just wasn’t sure wich. There are soooooooo many terms and abbreviations to learn.

Yep, that's why IMHO this is the best forum for tuning and troubleshooting. Here's some definitions from the forum front page...

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gm-ecm-p...ictionary.html

Electronic Ignition!
    Fantastic! Thank you! There is so much awesome info on this page! I have been slugging this thing along for 6 months because i was intimidated by all of this tune talk.. i was ready to give up until i found this page!

Jump in, get your feet wet!!!