Hello, I've got some noob questions.
I've got a '94 C2500 w/ a 454 that I've made some mild upgrades to. It should be vastly better than stock and will definitely require some tuning to make the most of it, but is still on the mild side. I've had TBI vehicles for years but never got into the tuning. I'm finally going to do it. I was dead set on an EBL as I wanted to go that route on my old Firebird a decade ago but never did, and that car is long gone. I had since forgotten that the EBL is not built to handle an electronically controlled transmission. At first that didn't deter me and I was ready to run both the EBL and PCM in tandem. That, however, leaves out any transmission tuning without also doing some work on the stock PCM in addition to engine tuning with the EBL.|
SO, does anyone have any advice in regards to choosing between the EBL and the '7427 PCM? Pro/Cons? Does either provide superior results? Cost difference? For a truck that will do mostly towing and work truck stuff should I even care about shift points and so on? Is it any easier to buy the equipment and tune the 7427 vs installing an EBL?