Thread: 16197427 electric fan wiring

16197427 electric fan wiring

Hey guys long time. I tried posting over at thirdgen, but maybe here would work as well.
    I have a 91 s10 4.3 that was upgraded to a 1227747 then to a 16197427, and that's where it's at now.
    I currently run Dimented's MAF code on it, running with a 5.3 maf sensor and it's great. I've taken a look at "TBI Guys, time to update thread!" over on thirdgen, and if i missed it I'm sorry.
    Anyway

I have the Single 2 speed Taurus fan
    Currently use the volvo temp switch wiring, (switch having issues, and wanted to let ecu control it anyway) and wanted to use the existing relay's and wire to wire it to my ECU to let the computer turn it on or off at set temps.
    I know with the Maf certain things like using the EGR input would be viable, but I don't know how to go about wiring it physically to computer, and don't see flags or anything for maf code (think it already has the cooling fan code because there's flags set), to go about it. If that's the case Ill throw my egr block-off plate on since it's not doing anything anyway.

my current wiring

Thanks for looking.
    Screenshot-20190102-200133.png
    1991 S10 350 AWD 3.73 Ext Cab Tahoe Edition.

Hi Dave thanks for your response. I had read that, and havent really figured out what to do because it seems different in the maf code.

but its on back burner now, instead of making another thread, I have an issue with the 7427, all of the sudden my truck always thinks its in drive , so switching in and out of gear have no effect.

I am looking at pin e5 - P/N switch
    What would make this suddenly stop? Where would I trace that wire to, my switch at column?
    using 700r4

The '7427 does not have a P/N Switch input pin.

I've read posts that hint that that there is a way to simulate a P/N Switch input using the 4L60E / 4L80E trans wiring.

Are you using a 2000 pulses per mile vehicle speed sensor input on the '7427?

dave w

it's the "Range C" Input to simulate p/n, like you said, to simulate.. It used to work fine.

I'm assuming so..never had to mess with it..I believe is the sensor that is on the transfer case when i swapped in the 4472 transfer case from a 93 astro when i did my awd conversion. Forgive my ignorance.
    I do know I used the drac that was paired with the 427 and jumpered the connections matching my gear ratio.

Are you using the '7427 to lock the 700R4 TCC?

dave w

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unorthodox122 View Post
    Hi Dave thanks for your response. I had read that, and havent really figured out what to do because it seems different in the maf code.

but its on back burner now, instead of making another thread, I have an issue with the 7427, all of the sudden my truck always thinks its in drive , so switching in and out of gear have no effect.

I am looking at pin e5 - P/N switch
    What would make this suddenly stop? Where would I trace that wire to, my switch at column?
    using 700r4

I was never able to get the p/n working on a 7427. All of my swaps show in drive always except for the ones where i swapped in a 4l60e as well. And my truck with a maf swap and th350 it just idles at 650 in drive and park.

The TBI MAF code is already set to control a fan using pin E1 as a switched ground. Under scalers there's a Low/high temp settings for 2 fans....i'm not sure which is for pin E1 so i set both fans to the same turn on/off temps. Then my second fan is turned on by my A/C.

Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Are you using the '7427 to lock the 700R4 TCC?

dave w
    Yessir, at the very least I believe I am. Of all the tests runs I've done for fueling, I've never seen "tcc applied" but noticed "tcc energized" all the time.
    I'll post a quick .bin just incase you wanted to take a glance.

Quote Originally Posted by notime2d8 View Post
    I was never able to get the p/n working on a 7427. All of my swaps show in drive always except for the ones where i swapped in a 4l60e as well. And my truck with a maf swap and th350 it just idles at 650 in drive and park.

The TBI MAF code is already set to control a fan using pin E1 as a switched ground. Under scalers there's a Low/high temp settings for 2 fans....i'm not sure which is for pin E1 so i set both fans to the same turn on/off temps. Then my second fan is turned on by my A/C.
    Hey notime, thanks for replying. It used to work, really hope to again. I even undid the maf wiring and tried a stock bin but it was a no go either. Truck has not liked starting in 13 degrees in the morning right now. It keeps fouling the plugs now.

As for the code, yes I know it can, I was just wondering if I kept the relays from my existing fan setup, and just moved the lo/hi signal wires over to the corresponding pins on the ecu.

Also. if i were to take my multimeter, would pin E5 or the P/N switch have a constant 12v without brakes pressed?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Unorthodox122; 02-21-2019 at 07:55 PM. Reason: added question

Fuel Injected!
    yeah, with that Volvo setup the temp sensor grounds the pin to the relays the same way the 7427 pcm would. So you can swap over one of the wires from the fan temp sensor to the pcm. For the cold starting and fouling the plugs, do you think it's the fueling when it's idling/running cold or the amount of cranking fuel it's adding when it's cold?

Thank you very much, thats what I needed to know on the fan wiring. Was expecting a whole different relay setup.

As for the fueling, I wanna say idling, but my Int and Blm's are within 6 or less of 128 even cold. But my plugs say differently. lol.

Also noticed on another subject 4k pulse or 2k pulse in my maf bin both give me the same results?? neither change my vehicle speed, or show the correct speed... vss wiring?
    My vehicle speed fluctuates from 15-215mph at idle..way more than 80 and enough to do a time jump...sorry..lol..

no headway on p/n sadly, read that I can bringmy own wire to e5 thats switched to ground, not quite sure how yet tho.

Okay so I made some progress..

I ended up tracing continuity on my P/N wire, and I have it.
    Interesting to note The computer knows when I'm in neutral, but sees park as "Drive". What could this be?

Note:It will not start in neutral, and starts in gear. Weird..

Also made progress on seeing MPH on the 427.

I copied/pasted the xdf parameter at "5D02 "Output Speed Not From Drac" from standard Advanced $0D TP5 v251.xdf to my MAF $OD_MAF (NA).xdf found here on the ecu listing.
    I took the vss wires from the VSSB (Purple, and Green) And used pins F2 and F3 respectfully.

I see MPH on the computer, but no longer my Speedometer, could someone help me with this?

Thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by Unorthodox122; 02-23-2019 at 04:35 AM.