Thread: New to EFI tuning

New to EFI tuning

I got a 95 Chevy truck that I pull a toy hauler with, that I just rebuilt the big block engine in it. Bored and stroked it to a 496, raised the compression, ported and polished the peanut heads and put a 261 adv. cam in and I need to tune the computer to run the truck.
    I bumped the fuel pressure to 38 psi, and it runs pretty good, but I need it to pass local emissions.

I was a warranty mechanic back in the late 80’s and worked my way up through a few shops to the manager over the service dept. at a machine shop were I was involved in motor replacement, building and tuning the engines, as well as pretty much all other services off and on.

After topping out my income in my area back in the 90’s, I turned to driving truck, but I have never really moved away from vehicles.
    I have still been building toys since including engines, painting and audio systems.
    And although I have dealt many times with computer system for repair, this is my first attempt to tune one to a modified engine.

It’s been pretty interesting for me but I’m having a few probs and questions about it, hopefully you guys can help me out, and maybe I can give a little input to help someone else.
    Thanks for letting me join!
    Last edited by Snowwebs; 02-19-2019 at 06:28 PM.

I am sure you will find any information that you will ever need on the wonderful form.